University of Herts students in Hatfield awarded prestigious TV bursary
- Credit: Supplied by RTS
Two students attending the University of Hertfordshire have been awarded bursaries from the Royal Television Society (RTS) to support their studies.
Jessica Bell and Arjun Dosanjh, who are on the BA (Hons) Film and Television Production course, each received £1000 per year as part of a scheme to widen participation in the TV industry.
The award also gives them membership of the RTS society during their studies and for a year afterwards, as well as a year’s membership of the swanky Hospital Club, favoured by media types, in London.
In Jessica and Arjun’s third year, the RTS will aim to set up mentoring opportunities within the TV industry,
A total of 101 students across the country have received an award from the RTS.
You may also want to watch:
The scheme is aimed at encouraging people from lower income backgrounds into the industry.
Theresa Wise, CEO of the RTS, says “The RTS has supported 101 inspiring and talented individuals towards their educational goals via our bursary schemes. The schemes are important as they offer those from lower income backgrounds not only financial support, but access to mentoring and a network of contacts within the broadcasting industry.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?