University of Hertfordshire vice chancellor to retire
THE long-serving vice chancellor of the University of Hertfordshire has announced he will be retiring at the end of this year.
Professor Tim Wilson will step down on December 31, after 19 years at the university, and five years as vice chancellor.
A spokeswoman for the university said the board of governors will now start the search for Professor Wilson’s successor, and an announcement of the new appointment will be made “in due course”.
Under Prof Wilson’s leadership, the University of Hertfordshire has become the UK’s top business-facing university, with a clear focus on making students employable after graduating.
But following a bout of ill-health, Prof Wilson said the time was right to retire.
You may also want to watch:
“The decision to retire at this time has not been an easy one to make, but after a bout of ill health and considerable thought and discussions with my family, I have made the difficult decision that my health must take priority,” Prof Wilson said.
“I have a great passion and belief in this university and the position of vice chancellor is one that I have found rewarding, stimulating and fulfilling. The commitment and dedication of the staff at the University of Hertfordshire is immense and it is a great privilege to be vice chancellor and to lead this institution.”
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 6 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 10 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield