University of Hertfordshire vice chancellor to deliver final lecture
THE vice chancellor of the University of Hertfordshire will deliver his final lecture tomorrow (Wednesday), before he retires.
Professor Tim Wilson will give his valedictory vice chancellor’s talk in the Weston Auditorium at de Havilland Campus at 7pm.
In Hertfordshire and its University: Past, Present and Future, Prof Wilson will reflect on the history of Hertfordshire, and the role of the university in the context of its place.
Prof Wilson will discuss the balancing of local mission and global ambition and his vision for a modern university at the heart of civic life.
It will be Prof Wilson’s final lecture before he steps down on December 31, after 19 years at the Hatfield-based university, five of them as vice chancellor.
He will be replaced in January by Prof Quintin McKellar, who is moving over from the Royal Veterinary College in North Mymms.
The lecture is free and open to the public. Registration is essential.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 3 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 4 Buyers can now reserve an apartment in Hatfield Rise
- 5 Work begins on Welwyn Garden City’s new-look Anniversary Gardens
- 6 Cash stolen from elderly man using bank ATM
- 7 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 8 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 9 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 10 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.