University of Hertfordshire vice chancellor to deliver final lecture
THE vice chancellor of the University of Hertfordshire will deliver his final lecture tomorrow (Wednesday), before he retires.
Professor Tim Wilson will give his valedictory vice chancellor’s talk in the Weston Auditorium at de Havilland Campus at 7pm.
In Hertfordshire and its University: Past, Present and Future, Prof Wilson will reflect on the history of Hertfordshire, and the role of the university in the context of its place.
Prof Wilson will discuss the balancing of local mission and global ambition and his vision for a modern university at the heart of civic life.
It will be Prof Wilson’s final lecture before he steps down on December 31, after 19 years at the Hatfield-based university, five of them as vice chancellor.
You may also want to watch:
He will be replaced in January by Prof Quintin McKellar, who is moving over from the Royal Veterinary College in North Mymms.
The lecture is free and open to the public. Registration is essential.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.