University of Hertfordshire vice chancellor to deliver final lecture
THE vice chancellor of the University of Hertfordshire will deliver his final lecture tomorrow (Wednesday), before he retires.
Professor Tim Wilson will give his valedictory vice chancellor’s talk in the Weston Auditorium at de Havilland Campus at 7pm.
In Hertfordshire and its University: Past, Present and Future, Prof Wilson will reflect on the history of Hertfordshire, and the role of the university in the context of its place.
Prof Wilson will discuss the balancing of local mission and global ambition and his vision for a modern university at the heart of civic life.
It will be Prof Wilson’s final lecture before he steps down on December 31, after 19 years at the Hatfield-based university, five of them as vice chancellor.
You may also want to watch:
He will be replaced in January by Prof Quintin McKellar, who is moving over from the Royal Veterinary College in North Mymms.
The lecture is free and open to the public. Registration is essential.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
Email email@example.com to register.