University of Hertfordshire vice chancellor to deliver final lecture
THE vice chancellor of the University of Hertfordshire will deliver his final lecture tomorrow (Wednesday), before he retires.
Professor Tim Wilson will give his valedictory vice chancellor’s talk in the Weston Auditorium at de Havilland Campus at 7pm.
In Hertfordshire and its University: Past, Present and Future, Prof Wilson will reflect on the history of Hertfordshire, and the role of the university in the context of its place.
Prof Wilson will discuss the balancing of local mission and global ambition and his vision for a modern university at the heart of civic life.
It will be Prof Wilson’s final lecture before he steps down on December 31, after 19 years at the Hatfield-based university, five of them as vice chancellor.
You may also want to watch:
He will be replaced in January by Prof Quintin McKellar, who is moving over from the Royal Veterinary College in North Mymms.
The lecture is free and open to the public. Registration is essential.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
Email email@example.com to register.