University of Hertfordshire student through to final of apprentice-style competition
- Credit: Archant
Elena Clowes is one of 15 finalists in ESP Recruitment’s National Eventice competition, where students in their final year compete to win two jobs in the events industry.
The 21-year-old was chosen after she uploaded a video to YouTube explaining why she thought she should win.
She has now been invited to take part in a series of tasks over three days, which showcase ability to multi-task, organise, lead, manage projects, negotiate, network and present.
Elena said: “The events industry is very competitive and difficult for graduates to get into so this chance is fantastic. The jobs on offer are once-in-a-lifetime opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
“Winning the Eventice would mean I have a graduate job secured in an amazing company and I’d be able to work in an industry that I am passionate about.
“I surprised myself by getting to this stage but to win would be fantastic. I’d be over the moon.”
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 8 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 9 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
This year’s positions are available at George P Johnson in Kingston for the third year running and Bluehat in London.
* To view Elena’s entry video, visit www.esprecruitment.co.uk/news/eventice/elena-clowes and for more information about the competition.