University of Hertfordshire student through to final of apprentice-style competition
- Credit: Archant
Elena Clowes is one of 15 finalists in ESP Recruitment’s National Eventice competition, where students in their final year compete to win two jobs in the events industry.
The 21-year-old was chosen after she uploaded a video to YouTube explaining why she thought she should win.
She has now been invited to take part in a series of tasks over three days, which showcase ability to multi-task, organise, lead, manage projects, negotiate, network and present.
Elena said: “The events industry is very competitive and difficult for graduates to get into so this chance is fantastic. The jobs on offer are once-in-a-lifetime opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
“Winning the Eventice would mean I have a graduate job secured in an amazing company and I’d be able to work in an industry that I am passionate about.
“I surprised myself by getting to this stage but to win would be fantastic. I’d be over the moon.”
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
This year’s positions are available at George P Johnson in Kingston for the third year running and Bluehat in London.
* To view Elena’s entry video, visit www.esprecruitment.co.uk/news/eventice/elena-clowes and for more information about the competition.