University of Hertfordshire student through to final of apprentice-style competition
- Credit: Archant
Elena Clowes is one of 15 finalists in ESP Recruitment’s National Eventice competition, where students in their final year compete to win two jobs in the events industry.
The 21-year-old was chosen after she uploaded a video to YouTube explaining why she thought she should win.
She has now been invited to take part in a series of tasks over three days, which showcase ability to multi-task, organise, lead, manage projects, negotiate, network and present.
Elena said: “The events industry is very competitive and difficult for graduates to get into so this chance is fantastic. The jobs on offer are once-in-a-lifetime opportunities.
“Winning the Eventice would mean I have a graduate job secured in an amazing company and I’d be able to work in an industry that I am passionate about.
“I surprised myself by getting to this stage but to win would be fantastic. I’d be over the moon.”
- 1 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 2 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 5 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
- 6 Woman left with injuries after dog attack in Woolmer Green
- 7 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
- 8 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 9 RSPCA rescue cats in Potters Bar waiting to find their forever homes
- 10 Delight as Welwyn Garden City’s Rowan Tree crowned Nursery of the Year
This year’s positions are available at George P Johnson in Kingston for the third year running and Bluehat in London.
* To view Elena’s entry video, visit www.esprecruitment.co.uk/news/eventice/elena-clowes and for more information about the competition.