University of Hertfordshire student through to final of apprentice-style competition
- Credit: Archant
Elena Clowes is one of 15 finalists in ESP Recruitment’s National Eventice competition, where students in their final year compete to win two jobs in the events industry.
The 21-year-old was chosen after she uploaded a video to YouTube explaining why she thought she should win.
She has now been invited to take part in a series of tasks over three days, which showcase ability to multi-task, organise, lead, manage projects, negotiate, network and present.
Elena said: “The events industry is very competitive and difficult for graduates to get into so this chance is fantastic. The jobs on offer are once-in-a-lifetime opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
“Winning the Eventice would mean I have a graduate job secured in an amazing company and I’d be able to work in an industry that I am passionate about.
“I surprised myself by getting to this stage but to win would be fantastic. I’d be over the moon.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
This year’s positions are available at George P Johnson in Kingston for the third year running and Bluehat in London.
* To view Elena’s entry video, visit www.esprecruitment.co.uk/news/eventice/elena-clowes and for more information about the competition.