University of Hertfordshire student through to final of apprentice-style competition
- Credit: Archant
Elena Clowes is one of 15 finalists in ESP Recruitment’s National Eventice competition, where students in their final year compete to win two jobs in the events industry.
The 21-year-old was chosen after she uploaded a video to YouTube explaining why she thought she should win.
She has now been invited to take part in a series of tasks over three days, which showcase ability to multi-task, organise, lead, manage projects, negotiate, network and present.
Elena said: “The events industry is very competitive and difficult for graduates to get into so this chance is fantastic. The jobs on offer are once-in-a-lifetime opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
“Winning the Eventice would mean I have a graduate job secured in an amazing company and I’d be able to work in an industry that I am passionate about.
“I surprised myself by getting to this stage but to win would be fantastic. I’d be over the moon.”
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 7 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 10 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
This year’s positions are available at George P Johnson in Kingston for the third year running and Bluehat in London.
* To view Elena’s entry video, visit www.esprecruitment.co.uk/news/eventice/elena-clowes and for more information about the competition.