University of Hertfordshire’s league table fall
THE University of Hertfordshire can no longer boast the title of the best ‘new’ uni after it dropped seven places in the latest league tables.
The Hatfield uni fell from 41st place to 48th in the 2012 Complete University Guide league table and has subsequently been overtaken by Oxford Brookes as the top former polytechnic.
The Guide showed the College Lane uni’s overall score had dropped from 639 to 597.
The Guide rates the 116 institutions by measures such as student satisfaction, research assessment, entry standards and graduate prospects.
For the University of Hertfordshire, some of these assessments had actually improved, with the entry standard up from 241 to 244 and student satisfaction up from 3.8 to 3.9. However, graduate’s prospects fell.
You may also want to watch:
Top of the table this year was the University of Cambridge, overtaking Oxford.
To see the full table click on the link above right.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator