University of Hertfordshire’s league table fall
THE University of Hertfordshire can no longer boast the title of the best ‘new’ uni after it dropped seven places in the latest league tables.
The Hatfield uni fell from 41st place to 48th in the 2012 Complete University Guide league table and has subsequently been overtaken by Oxford Brookes as the top former polytechnic.
The Guide showed the College Lane uni’s overall score had dropped from 639 to 597.
The Guide rates the 116 institutions by measures such as student satisfaction, research assessment, entry standards and graduate prospects.
For the University of Hertfordshire, some of these assessments had actually improved, with the entry standard up from 241 to 244 and student satisfaction up from 3.8 to 3.9. However, graduate’s prospects fell.
You may also want to watch:
Top of the table this year was the University of Cambridge, overtaking Oxford.
To see the full table click on the link above right.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 9 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 10 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation