University of Hertfordshire’s league table fall
THE University of Hertfordshire can no longer boast the title of the best ‘new’ uni after it dropped seven places in the latest league tables.
The Hatfield uni fell from 41st place to 48th in the 2012 Complete University Guide league table and has subsequently been overtaken by Oxford Brookes as the top former polytechnic.
The Guide showed the College Lane uni’s overall score had dropped from 639 to 597.
The Guide rates the 116 institutions by measures such as student satisfaction, research assessment, entry standards and graduate prospects.
For the University of Hertfordshire, some of these assessments had actually improved, with the entry standard up from 241 to 244 and student satisfaction up from 3.8 to 3.9. However, graduate’s prospects fell.
You may also want to watch:
Top of the table this year was the University of Cambridge, overtaking Oxford.
To see the full table click on the link above right.
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 10 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral