University of Hertfordshire’s league table fall
THE University of Hertfordshire can no longer boast the title of the best ‘new’ uni after it dropped seven places in the latest league tables.
The Hatfield uni fell from 41st place to 48th in the 2012 Complete University Guide league table and has subsequently been overtaken by Oxford Brookes as the top former polytechnic.
The Guide showed the College Lane uni’s overall score had dropped from 639 to 597.
The Guide rates the 116 institutions by measures such as student satisfaction, research assessment, entry standards and graduate prospects.
For the University of Hertfordshire, some of these assessments had actually improved, with the entry standard up from 241 to 244 and student satisfaction up from 3.8 to 3.9. However, graduate’s prospects fell.
You may also want to watch:
Top of the table this year was the University of Cambridge, overtaking Oxford.
To see the full table click on the link above right.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement