University of Hertfordshire’s Clearing hotline busy on A-level results day
- Credit: Archant
The University of Hertfordshire’s Clearing hotline has been busy this morning on A-level results day.
With A-level results announced today (Thursday), student ambassadors and staff at the Hatfield-based uni are manning the phones as thousands of potential students are expected to call to enquire about places for courses in September.
Last year, 7,885 calls were taken by the university’s hotline team on the opening day of Clearing alone.
And the uni’s Twitter handle, @UniofHerts, tweeted this morning: “UPDATE: We’ve had 256 calls in the first hour! We took 50 calls in the first half hour last year and nearly 200 this year! #Clearing2015”
Vice-chancellor Professor Quintin McKellar took the first call on the university’s opening day of Clearing.
You may also want to watch:
Professor McKellar said: “I am delighted to be involved in the start of this year’s Clearing process.
“The University of Hertfordshire is a wonderful place to study and our recent student employability results show that our graduates are well equipped for success in the global job market.
- 1 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 4 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
- 8 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 9 Remembering the life of daring test pilot Geoffrey de Havilland Jr - 75 years on from his tragic death
- 10 Riding charity holds online art and photography competition
“I’d encourage anyone considering a course at Hertfordshire to call our hotline and discuss their options. I look forward to welcoming the class of 2015.”
Anyone interested in securing a place at the University of Hertfordshire can call the university’s Clearing hotline on 0300 303 6300 between 6am and 8pm today (Thursday).
They will be greeted on the telephone by trained staff and given professional advice and guidance about their options.
The UH hotline will be open from 8am to 8pm on Friday, August 14, 10am to 2pm on Saturday, August 15, and 9am to 5pm from August 19 onwards.
Potential students can also tune in to a live broadcast which is being streamed at www.herts.ac.uk/clearing/clearing-live
This includes interviews from current students about student life, lecturers talking about their subjects and courses, information from staff about the clearing process, funding, accommodation and financial support and talks from the University Student Union about clubs and societies on offer for students.
* For more A-level results news, visit the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ education section.