University of Hertfordshire names new vice chancellor
THE University of Hertfordshire has appointed a new vice chancellor for next year.
Professor Quintin McKellar will take over as vice chancellor at the Hatfield-based uni from January 4 2011, replacing Prof Tim Wilson, who is retiring in December.
Prof McKellar will join the uni from the Royal Veterinary College in Brookmans Park, where he has spent the past six years as Principal.
A keen rower, the father-of-four competed in the 1986 Commonwealth Games, and has an interest in animal pharmacology and parasitology.
Jo Connell, chair of the university’s board of governors, said: “I am delighted that Professor McKellar will be joining us.
You may also want to watch:
“He will be an excellent and inspiring new vice chancellor who will build on the university’s reputation as innovative and enterprising and ensure that it continues to be seen as an exemplar in the sector.”
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 8 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year