University of Hertfordshire names new vice chancellor
THE University of Hertfordshire has appointed a new vice chancellor for next year.
Professor Quintin McKellar will take over as vice chancellor at the Hatfield-based uni from January 4 2011, replacing Prof Tim Wilson, who is retiring in December.
Prof McKellar will join the uni from the Royal Veterinary College in Brookmans Park, where he has spent the past six years as Principal.
A keen rower, the father-of-four competed in the 1986 Commonwealth Games, and has an interest in animal pharmacology and parasitology.
Jo Connell, chair of the university’s board of governors, said: “I am delighted that Professor McKellar will be joining us.
You may also want to watch:
“He will be an excellent and inspiring new vice chancellor who will build on the university’s reputation as innovative and enterprising and ensure that it continues to be seen as an exemplar in the sector.”
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire