University of Hertfordshire names new vice chancellor
THE University of Hertfordshire has appointed a new vice chancellor for next year.
Professor Quintin McKellar will take over as vice chancellor at the Hatfield-based uni from January 4 2011, replacing Prof Tim Wilson, who is retiring in December.
Prof McKellar will join the uni from the Royal Veterinary College in Brookmans Park, where he has spent the past six years as Principal.
A keen rower, the father-of-four competed in the 1986 Commonwealth Games, and has an interest in animal pharmacology and parasitology.
Jo Connell, chair of the university’s board of governors, said: “I am delighted that Professor McKellar will be joining us.
You may also want to watch:
“He will be an excellent and inspiring new vice chancellor who will build on the university’s reputation as innovative and enterprising and ensure that it continues to be seen as an exemplar in the sector.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 5 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Head of planning to leave for county council role
- 9 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 10 Welwyn Hatfield's links to new Disney+ series WandaVision