University of Hertfordshire makes world educations listings
- Credit: Archant
THE University of Hertfordshire has made it onto a list of top universities in the world under 50 years old.
It came in at number 75 on the list, compiled by the Times Higher Education website.
The site says the list “provides a glimpse into the future, showcasing not those institutions with centuries of history, but the rising stars which show great potential”.
Professor Quintin McKellar, vice-chancellor at the Hatfield-based university, said: “We are proud of this significant accolade, which clearly demonstrates our success globally.”
The university scored highly, especially the citing of its academic research on a global scale and for its international outlook and mix.
You may also want to watch:
Pohang University of Science and Technology in the Republic of Korea came top of the list with a score of 75.
The highest placed UK entry was the University of East Anglia, 7th, which received a score of 61.6.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 5 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 8 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
Out of the 18 universities in the UK included in the rankings, Hertfordshire is number 13.