University of Hertfordshire makes world educations listings
- Credit: Archant
THE University of Hertfordshire has made it onto a list of top universities in the world under 50 years old.
It came in at number 75 on the list, compiled by the Times Higher Education website.
The site says the list “provides a glimpse into the future, showcasing not those institutions with centuries of history, but the rising stars which show great potential”.
Professor Quintin McKellar, vice-chancellor at the Hatfield-based university, said: “We are proud of this significant accolade, which clearly demonstrates our success globally.”
The university scored highly, especially the citing of its academic research on a global scale and for its international outlook and mix.
Pohang University of Science and Technology in the Republic of Korea came top of the list with a score of 75.
The highest placed UK entry was the University of East Anglia, 7th, which received a score of 61.6.
- 1 Snakes abandoned in pillow case outside Potters Bar reptile shop
- 2 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 3 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 4 Dancing in the streets at first WGC Vintage Festival
- 5 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 6 Seven-year-old writes MP letter about WGC homeless crisis
- 7 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 10 Children take to the stage for Potters Bar talent show
Out of the 18 universities in the UK included in the rankings, Hertfordshire is number 13.