University of Hertfordshire makes world educations listings
- Credit: Archant
THE University of Hertfordshire has made it onto a list of top universities in the world under 50 years old.
It came in at number 75 on the list, compiled by the Times Higher Education website.
The site says the list “provides a glimpse into the future, showcasing not those institutions with centuries of history, but the rising stars which show great potential”.
Professor Quintin McKellar, vice-chancellor at the Hatfield-based university, said: “We are proud of this significant accolade, which clearly demonstrates our success globally.”
The university scored highly, especially the citing of its academic research on a global scale and for its international outlook and mix.
You may also want to watch:
Pohang University of Science and Technology in the Republic of Korea came top of the list with a score of 75.
The highest placed UK entry was the University of East Anglia, 7th, which received a score of 61.6.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 4 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 7 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
Out of the 18 universities in the UK included in the rankings, Hertfordshire is number 13.