University of Hertfordshire makes world educations listings
- Credit: Archant
THE University of Hertfordshire has made it onto a list of top universities in the world under 50 years old.
It came in at number 75 on the list, compiled by the Times Higher Education website.
The site says the list “provides a glimpse into the future, showcasing not those institutions with centuries of history, but the rising stars which show great potential”.
Professor Quintin McKellar, vice-chancellor at the Hatfield-based university, said: “We are proud of this significant accolade, which clearly demonstrates our success globally.”
The university scored highly, especially the citing of its academic research on a global scale and for its international outlook and mix.
You may also want to watch:
Pohang University of Science and Technology in the Republic of Korea came top of the list with a score of 75.
The highest placed UK entry was the University of East Anglia, 7th, which received a score of 61.6.
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 4 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 5 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 6 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 10 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
Out of the 18 universities in the UK included in the rankings, Hertfordshire is number 13.