Free law clinic opens at Herts Uni in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
A free law clinic opened at the University of Hertfordshire in Hatfield on Thursday.
The new pro-bono legal advice service will be based at the University's De Havilland campus.
A team of University of Hertfordshire Student Advisers, under the supervision of qualified lawyers, will provide free, professional advice on family law, employment law, intellectual property and commercial law and powers of attorney.
Diana Kirsch, director of pro bono at the University of Hertfordshire, said: "The University's Law Clinic will provide a much-needed service to the local community in Hertfordshire following the cuts to legal aid in 2012 for issues relating to family law, particularly for families on lower incomes."
To book an appointment email email@example.com or call 01707 284115.
You may also want to watch:
For more information go to: herts.ac.uk/study/schools-of-study/law/hertfordshire-law-clinic.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield