Free law clinic opens at Herts Uni in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
A free law clinic opened at the University of Hertfordshire in Hatfield on Thursday.
The new pro-bono legal advice service will be based at the University's De Havilland campus.
A team of University of Hertfordshire Student Advisers, under the supervision of qualified lawyers, will provide free, professional advice on family law, employment law, intellectual property and commercial law and powers of attorney.
Diana Kirsch, director of pro bono at the University of Hertfordshire, said: "The University's Law Clinic will provide a much-needed service to the local community in Hertfordshire following the cuts to legal aid in 2012 for issues relating to family law, particularly for families on lower incomes."
To book an appointment email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01707 284115.
You may also want to watch:
For more information go to: herts.ac.uk/study/schools-of-study/law/hertfordshire-law-clinic.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes