Free law clinic opens at Herts Uni in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
A free law clinic opened at the University of Hertfordshire in Hatfield on Thursday.
The new pro-bono legal advice service will be based at the University's De Havilland campus.
A team of University of Hertfordshire Student Advisers, under the supervision of qualified lawyers, will provide free, professional advice on family law, employment law, intellectual property and commercial law and powers of attorney.
Diana Kirsch, director of pro bono at the University of Hertfordshire, said: "The University's Law Clinic will provide a much-needed service to the local community in Hertfordshire following the cuts to legal aid in 2012 for issues relating to family law, particularly for families on lower incomes."
To book an appointment email email@example.com or call 01707 284115.
You may also want to watch:
For more information go to: herts.ac.uk/study/schools-of-study/law/hertfordshire-law-clinic.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued