Free law clinic opens at Herts Uni in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
A free law clinic opened at the University of Hertfordshire in Hatfield on Thursday.
The new pro-bono legal advice service will be based at the University's De Havilland campus.
A team of University of Hertfordshire Student Advisers, under the supervision of qualified lawyers, will provide free, professional advice on family law, employment law, intellectual property and commercial law and powers of attorney.
Diana Kirsch, director of pro bono at the University of Hertfordshire, said: "The University's Law Clinic will provide a much-needed service to the local community in Hertfordshire following the cuts to legal aid in 2012 for issues relating to family law, particularly for families on lower incomes."
To book an appointment email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01707 284115.
You may also want to watch:
For more information go to: herts.ac.uk/study/schools-of-study/law/hertfordshire-law-clinic.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 3 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town