University of Hertfordshire clearing: 8,500 calls in just one day
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 8,500 students got on the phone to the University of Hertfordshire hoping to secure a place last Thursday.
This week a university boss said spaces for the next academic year were filling quickly.
Extra staff were assigned to cover a clearing hotline on the day A-level results were released.
Ed Layt, head of UK recruitment at the University of Hertfordshire said: “We are pleased with the consistent demand from students to study at Hertfordshire – many of which have achieved good grades in their exams.
“We received over 8,500 phone calls from prospective students in the first day, and still have limited places available on some courses.
You may also want to watch:
“These are filling up fast so anyone still wanting to start University in September should call our clearing hotline on 01707 284848.”
The university’s clearing is open to all, including those who have missed out on places through the University and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) or those who have not yet applied.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 9 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 10 Gift ideas, decorations and festive food at this year's Knebworth Christmas Fair