University of Hertfordshire celebrates 25th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
More than 700 people enjoyed a free family fun day, marking the University of Hertfordshire’s 25th anniversary.
Families enjoyed entertainment at the College Lane campus in Hatfield on Sunday, October 22.
There was a range of shows including a magic show, Punch and Judy, and falconry.
Youngsters were able to have their faces painted, try out circus skills, climb on inflatables and enjoy some fun fair rides.
All with the backdrop of live music from the band Two Blank Pages who are Alumni students from the university.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Lewis, campus community officer at the university, said: “The event was brilliantly attended and it was great to see people of all ages joining our anniversary celebrations by having fun and taking part.
“The falconry display was a definite highlight of the day.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
“The birds of prey were beautiful.
“Another fun event was the ‘dog flyball’ challenge, where rescue dogs competed against each other around an assault course.
“The wind blew hard on Sunday but the rain held off and fun was had by all.”