University of Hertfordshire celebrates 25th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
More than 700 people enjoyed a free family fun day, marking the University of Hertfordshire’s 25th anniversary.
Families enjoyed entertainment at the College Lane campus in Hatfield on Sunday, October 22.
There was a range of shows including a magic show, Punch and Judy, and falconry.
Youngsters were able to have their faces painted, try out circus skills, climb on inflatables and enjoy some fun fair rides.
All with the backdrop of live music from the band Two Blank Pages who are Alumni students from the university.
Emma Lewis, campus community officer at the university, said: “The event was brilliantly attended and it was great to see people of all ages joining our anniversary celebrations by having fun and taking part.
“The falconry display was a definite highlight of the day.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 3 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 4 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 5 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Cuffley home care company recognised among best in east of England
- 9 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 10 Local man will be flying high in an effort to raise much needed funds for Potential Kids
“The birds of prey were beautiful.
“Another fun event was the ‘dog flyball’ challenge, where rescue dogs competed against each other around an assault course.
“The wind blew hard on Sunday but the rain held off and fun was had by all.”