University of Hertfordshire celebrates 25th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
More than 700 people enjoyed a free family fun day, marking the University of Hertfordshire’s 25th anniversary.
Families enjoyed entertainment at the College Lane campus in Hatfield on Sunday, October 22.
There was a range of shows including a magic show, Punch and Judy, and falconry.
Youngsters were able to have their faces painted, try out circus skills, climb on inflatables and enjoy some fun fair rides.
All with the backdrop of live music from the band Two Blank Pages who are Alumni students from the university.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Lewis, campus community officer at the university, said: “The event was brilliantly attended and it was great to see people of all ages joining our anniversary celebrations by having fun and taking part.
“The falconry display was a definite highlight of the day.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
- 9 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 10 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
“The birds of prey were beautiful.
“Another fun event was the ‘dog flyball’ challenge, where rescue dogs competed against each other around an assault course.
“The wind blew hard on Sunday but the rain held off and fun was had by all.”