University of Hertfordshire celebrates 25th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
More than 700 people enjoyed a free family fun day, marking the University of Hertfordshire’s 25th anniversary.
Families enjoyed entertainment at the College Lane campus in Hatfield on Sunday, October 22.
There was a range of shows including a magic show, Punch and Judy, and falconry.
Youngsters were able to have their faces painted, try out circus skills, climb on inflatables and enjoy some fun fair rides.
All with the backdrop of live music from the band Two Blank Pages who are Alumni students from the university.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Lewis, campus community officer at the university, said: “The event was brilliantly attended and it was great to see people of all ages joining our anniversary celebrations by having fun and taking part.
“The falconry display was a definite highlight of the day.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
“The birds of prey were beautiful.
“Another fun event was the ‘dog flyball’ challenge, where rescue dogs competed against each other around an assault course.
“The wind blew hard on Sunday but the rain held off and fun was had by all.”