University advice line to be launched as students prepare for A-level results
- Credit: Archant
UNIVERSITY staff in Hatfield are braced for a bumper day tomorrow (Thursday) as nervous students pick up their A-level results.
Teams from the University of Hertfordshire will be on duty to give advice for applicants about the clearing process.
In previous years, staff have taken up to 7,000 calls on A-level results day.
A clearing hotline will be open from 8am, and the university says former students who have been through clearing will be on hand.
Academic registrar Sharon Harrison-Barker said: “The university has a wide range of courses on offer and will actively support students who have the potential to succeed through the Clearing process.
You may also want to watch:
“It is important for students to aspire to furthering their studies – a degree is still a highly valued and important qualification.”
The university’s clearing is open to all, including those who have miissed out on places through the University and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) or those who have not yet applied.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year
The clearing hotline, on 01707 284848, will be open from 8am to 8pm tomorrow, and 8am to 8pm on Friday.
It will also be open from 10am to 2pm on Saturday, and from 9am to 5pm from Monday.
Students can also follow updates and post questions to @DiscoverUH via Twitter.
Are you picking up your A-level results tomorrow? We’d like to know how you got on, and whether you’ve got any interesting stories about your success. You can call the Welwyn Hatfield Times on 01707 376323, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or tweet @whtimes