University advice line to be launched as students prepare for A-level results
- Credit: Archant
UNIVERSITY staff in Hatfield are braced for a bumper day tomorrow (Thursday) as nervous students pick up their A-level results.
Teams from the University of Hertfordshire will be on duty to give advice for applicants about the clearing process.
In previous years, staff have taken up to 7,000 calls on A-level results day.
A clearing hotline will be open from 8am, and the university says former students who have been through clearing will be on hand.
Academic registrar Sharon Harrison-Barker said: “The university has a wide range of courses on offer and will actively support students who have the potential to succeed through the Clearing process.
You may also want to watch:
“It is important for students to aspire to furthering their studies – a degree is still a highly valued and important qualification.”
The university’s clearing is open to all, including those who have miissed out on places through the University and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) or those who have not yet applied.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
- 9 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
The clearing hotline, on 01707 284848, will be open from 8am to 8pm tomorrow, and 8am to 8pm on Friday.
It will also be open from 10am to 2pm on Saturday, and from 9am to 5pm from Monday.
Students can also follow updates and post questions to @DiscoverUH via Twitter.
Are you picking up your A-level results tomorrow? We’d like to know how you got on, and whether you’ve got any interesting stories about your success. You can call the Welwyn Hatfield Times on 01707 376323, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or tweet @whtimes