Universities minister attempts to reassure Hatfield community ahead of Uni of Herts restarting
- Credit: Archant
The universities minister hopes to reassure the people of Hatfield as the University of Hertfordshire restarts its academic term.
Michelle Donelan also warned students about acting responsibility ahead of going back this September.
Ms Donelan said: “This is a challenging time for us all, and I recognise that some residents in university towns and cities such as Hatfield may feel nervous ahead of the start of the academic term.
“But I want to reassure the people of Hatfield that every effort is being made by the government and universities to ensure that students return to campus as safely and sensibly as possible.
“We have already seen a mammoth effort from universities with a host of protective measures being put in place, such as limiting travel into campus, staggering class times over extended days, and reinforcing hand hygiene, to keep students and local residents as safe as we can during this time.
You may also want to watch:
“But I have been clear that health advice only works if we all follow it and I am urging students, just like the wider public, to do their bit and act responsibly. I have faith in students that they will follow the guidance and by doing so protect their family, friends and local communities, and ensure campuses can remain open.”
The University of Herts is requiring students to wear face coverings in most areas and has in person and home learning available.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk