TV star Liz Bonnin wows Potters Bar pupils at opening of new science block
BRAINY TV beauty Liz Bonnin made an explosive impact on pupils at a Potters Bar school, when she opened a new science block.
The “absolutely inspiring” Bang Goes the Theory star was in town on Monday afternoon to open the new facility at Lochinver House School, in Heath Road.
The biochemistry graduate, who also has a masters’ degree in wild animal biology, had lunch at the school and spoke to the boys before cutting a ribbon at the laboratories.
A spokeswoman for the school said of the BBC One presenter: “The visit was a fantastic success.
“Liz is just as lively, exciting and enthusiastic as she appears on Bang Goes the Theory.
“She spoke to the boys and staff for 35 minutes and was absolutely inspiring.
“She told us about all her adventures and her work with tigers.
- 1 IN PICTURES: Stars come out for Simply Red concert in Hatfield Park
- 2 Screen on the Green returning to Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 5 'Tesco must tackle blight of trolley-dumping in Potters Bar'
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Pictures of Paloma Faith and special guest Sam Ryder at Hatfield Park concert
- 10 Champions! Old Owens going up after securing title
“Her big message which she reiterated over and over was how fun and exciting science is.”
She added: “She said she really enjoyed her day with us and was bowled over by the fantastic new laboratories.
“She hoped we would invite her back again soon.”