TV star Liz Bonnin wows Potters Bar pupils at opening of new science block
BRAINY TV beauty Liz Bonnin made an explosive impact on pupils at a Potters Bar school, when she opened a new science block.
The “absolutely inspiring” Bang Goes the Theory star was in town on Monday afternoon to open the new facility at Lochinver House School, in Heath Road.
The biochemistry graduate, who also has a masters’ degree in wild animal biology, had lunch at the school and spoke to the boys before cutting a ribbon at the laboratories.
A spokeswoman for the school said of the BBC One presenter: “The visit was a fantastic success.
“Liz is just as lively, exciting and enthusiastic as she appears on Bang Goes the Theory.
You may also want to watch:
“She spoke to the boys and staff for 35 minutes and was absolutely inspiring.
“She told us about all her adventures and her work with tigers.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
“Her big message which she reiterated over and over was how fun and exciting science is.”
She added: “She said she really enjoyed her day with us and was bowled over by the fantastic new laboratories.
“She hoped we would invite her back again soon.”