TV star Liz Bonnin wows Potters Bar pupils at opening of new science block
BRAINY TV beauty Liz Bonnin made an explosive impact on pupils at a Potters Bar school, when she opened a new science block.
The “absolutely inspiring” Bang Goes the Theory star was in town on Monday afternoon to open the new facility at Lochinver House School, in Heath Road.
The biochemistry graduate, who also has a masters’ degree in wild animal biology, had lunch at the school and spoke to the boys before cutting a ribbon at the laboratories.
A spokeswoman for the school said of the BBC One presenter: “The visit was a fantastic success.
“Liz is just as lively, exciting and enthusiastic as she appears on Bang Goes the Theory.
You may also want to watch:
“She spoke to the boys and staff for 35 minutes and was absolutely inspiring.
“She told us about all her adventures and her work with tigers.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 4 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 10 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
“Her big message which she reiterated over and over was how fun and exciting science is.”
She added: “She said she really enjoyed her day with us and was bowled over by the fantastic new laboratories.
“She hoped we would invite her back again soon.”