TV star Liz Bonnin wows Potters Bar pupils at opening of new science block
BRAINY TV beauty Liz Bonnin made an explosive impact on pupils at a Potters Bar school, when she opened a new science block.
The “absolutely inspiring” Bang Goes the Theory star was in town on Monday afternoon to open the new facility at Lochinver House School, in Heath Road.
The biochemistry graduate, who also has a masters’ degree in wild animal biology, had lunch at the school and spoke to the boys before cutting a ribbon at the laboratories.
A spokeswoman for the school said of the BBC One presenter: “The visit was a fantastic success.
“Liz is just as lively, exciting and enthusiastic as she appears on Bang Goes the Theory.
You may also want to watch:
“She spoke to the boys and staff for 35 minutes and was absolutely inspiring.
“She told us about all her adventures and her work with tigers.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
“Her big message which she reiterated over and over was how fun and exciting science is.”
She added: “She said she really enjoyed her day with us and was bowled over by the fantastic new laboratories.
“She hoped we would invite her back again soon.”