TV cameras roll at Brookmans Park school as youngsters show off their moves
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Brookmans Park Primary School were recorded throwing some shapes for a mental health awareness show.
Producers of The Chrissy B Show visited the Bradmore Way school on Monday to film its children completing the Mental Health Dance Challenge, a scheme designed to raise youngsters’ awareness of the issue.
Host Chrissy B said: “Despite all the recent publicity, it is still not 100 per cent OK to own up to mental health problems. “Dance is a great way to communicate, it’s fun, and it lifts moods, which means it’s perfect for encouraging people to rethink the subject.”
The visit was organised by Brookmans Park teacher and mindfulness mentor, Kat Shaw, as part of an ongoing drive to combat mental health issues in young people.
She said: “With the hectic pace of life at school and home, I am seeing an increasing number of pupils suffer with anxiety, worry and stress, and it is not getting any better as the demands heighten and the world speeds up.
“This is why we at Brookmans Park are raising the profile of mental health and focussing on the mental wellbeing of all of our children.”
If other schools are interested in taking part in the #MHDChallenge they can email Sharon Lawton via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Council fights for lower housing targets in Local Plan
- 4 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
- 5 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 6 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 7 Grant Shapps reveals ‘anger’ over ‘unacceptable’ Downing Street parties
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Purse stolen in Hatfield
- 10 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
To see the show, tune into MyTV Sky channel 203 at 10pm every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.