Tricky time of year for us lot!
THIS time of the year is always a tricky one for students. It s a time when money is at it s tightest as we wait (im)patiently for our last instalment of student loan for the year, semester A results are out, and with it comes the inevitable relief, disa
THIS time of the year is always a tricky one for students.
It's a time when money is at it's tightest as we wait (im)patiently for our last instalment of student loan for the year, semester A results are out, and with it comes the inevitable relief, disappointment, shock, joy etc and semester B is well underway and that means only one thing - deadlines, deadlines, deadlines!
For me, February was a hectic month. As well as studying, I visited the WHT, Channel 4 News and The Guardian for work experience; I interviewed the guitarist from one of my favourite bands, Sikth, my fiancé and I found a house to live in next year, I was taken to Madrid for a romantic weekend break, and celebrated my 22nd birthday!
March is shaping up to be just as busy, but with coursework instead of city breaks, sadly.
On the plus side my exam results for semester A were pretty good so hopefully I won't get quite so panicky about failing the year!
Plus, I'm going to try a new, experimental way of working - I call it 'not leaving it to the last minute'.
- 1 Snakes abandoned in pillow case outside Potters Bar reptile shop
- 2 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 3 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 4 Dancing in the streets at first WGC Vintage Festival
- 5 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 6 Seven-year-old writes MP letter about WGC homeless crisis
- 7 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 8 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Children take to the stage for Potters Bar talent show
It's a completely new approach for me so, fingers crossed, let's hope it works!