Teenage volunteers needed for University of Hertfordshire entertainment shows
HAVE you ever fancied a career in showbiz, but not at the front of the stage?
Welwyn Hatfield Council is looking for young volunteers to help out behind the scenes at an upcoming talent show in Hatfield.
Hertfordshire’s Got Talent kicks off at the University of Hertfordshire’s Forum entertainment venue next month, and show organisers are seeking teenagers aged 15 to 19 to undertake work experience in three different areas: technical support, backstage support and event running.
Based on hit ITV show Britain’s Got Talent, the Forum’s competition starts with heats in July and August, followed by the semi finals and final in September.
Those selected for work experience will be expected to work on at least two of the show dates.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers will get the opportunity to learn more about sound, lighting and video capabilities at the Forum, event management and artist liaison.
Matt Rayner, youth and sports partnerships manager for the council, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity to get some real experience in an industry that is notoriously difficult to get into.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 6 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Explore Hertford Castle at free open day
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“It may feel like all eyes will be on the performers, but without the hard work of the support teams, events like this wouldn’t happen.”
For a work experience application form, email Matt Rayner at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01707 357282 by Monday July 5.