Teenage volunteers needed for University of Hertfordshire entertainment shows
HAVE you ever fancied a career in showbiz, but not at the front of the stage?
Welwyn Hatfield Council is looking for young volunteers to help out behind the scenes at an upcoming talent show in Hatfield.
Hertfordshire’s Got Talent kicks off at the University of Hertfordshire’s Forum entertainment venue next month, and show organisers are seeking teenagers aged 15 to 19 to undertake work experience in three different areas: technical support, backstage support and event running.
Based on hit ITV show Britain’s Got Talent, the Forum’s competition starts with heats in July and August, followed by the semi finals and final in September.
Those selected for work experience will be expected to work on at least two of the show dates.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers will get the opportunity to learn more about sound, lighting and video capabilities at the Forum, event management and artist liaison.
Matt Rayner, youth and sports partnerships manager for the council, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity to get some real experience in an industry that is notoriously difficult to get into.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 4 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
“It may feel like all eyes will be on the performers, but without the hard work of the support teams, events like this wouldn’t happen.”
For a work experience application form, email Matt Rayner at email@example.com or call 01707 357282 by Monday July 5.