Teenage volunteers needed for University of Hertfordshire entertainment shows
HAVE you ever fancied a career in showbiz, but not at the front of the stage?
Welwyn Hatfield Council is looking for young volunteers to help out behind the scenes at an upcoming talent show in Hatfield.
Hertfordshire’s Got Talent kicks off at the University of Hertfordshire’s Forum entertainment venue next month, and show organisers are seeking teenagers aged 15 to 19 to undertake work experience in three different areas: technical support, backstage support and event running.
Based on hit ITV show Britain’s Got Talent, the Forum’s competition starts with heats in July and August, followed by the semi finals and final in September.
Those selected for work experience will be expected to work on at least two of the show dates.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers will get the opportunity to learn more about sound, lighting and video capabilities at the Forum, event management and artist liaison.
Matt Rayner, youth and sports partnerships manager for the council, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity to get some real experience in an industry that is notoriously difficult to get into.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 6 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 10 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
“It may feel like all eyes will be on the performers, but without the hard work of the support teams, events like this wouldn’t happen.”
For a work experience application form, email Matt Rayner at email@example.com or call 01707 357282 by Monday July 5.