Teenage volunteers needed for University of Hertfordshire entertainment shows
HAVE you ever fancied a career in showbiz, but not at the front of the stage?
Welwyn Hatfield Council is looking for young volunteers to help out behind the scenes at an upcoming talent show in Hatfield.
Hertfordshire’s Got Talent kicks off at the University of Hertfordshire’s Forum entertainment venue next month, and show organisers are seeking teenagers aged 15 to 19 to undertake work experience in three different areas: technical support, backstage support and event running.
Based on hit ITV show Britain’s Got Talent, the Forum’s competition starts with heats in July and August, followed by the semi finals and final in September.
Those selected for work experience will be expected to work on at least two of the show dates.
Volunteers will get the opportunity to learn more about sound, lighting and video capabilities at the Forum, event management and artist liaison.
Matt Rayner, youth and sports partnerships manager for the council, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity to get some real experience in an industry that is notoriously difficult to get into.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 3 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 4 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 5 Tournament's return brings huge joy to Welwyn Garden City Youth Football Club
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Mother and daughter from WGC team up to offer food packages to struggling locals
- 8 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 9 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 10 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
“It may feel like all eyes will be on the performers, but without the hard work of the support teams, events like this wouldn’t happen.”
For a work experience application form, email Matt Rayner at email@example.com or call 01707 357282 by Monday July 5.