Teachers suspended from Hatfield school
TWO female teachers have been suspended from a Hatfield school pending an investigation into their professional conduct.
Headteacher Samantha Eckland and year six teacher Lindsey White are under investigation by Birchwood Avenue Primary School’s governing body and Hertfordshire County Council.
In a letter to parents, chair of governors Kate Wright said: “There will be a fair and independent investigation to determine whether or not these allegations have any foundation.”
Speaking to the Welwyn Hatfield Times, Mrs Wright declined to be drawn on the content of the allegations.
However, she did confirm they did not involve pupils.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It’s not a child protection issue.”
Martin Tuck is acting as executive headteacher.
- 1 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 9 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 10 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya