Teachers suspended from Hatfield school
TWO female teachers have been suspended from a Hatfield school pending an investigation into their professional conduct.
Headteacher Samantha Eckland and year six teacher Lindsey White are under investigation by Birchwood Avenue Primary School’s governing body and Hertfordshire County Council.
In a letter to parents, chair of governors Kate Wright said: “There will be a fair and independent investigation to determine whether or not these allegations have any foundation.”
Speaking to the Welwyn Hatfield Times, Mrs Wright declined to be drawn on the content of the allegations.
However, she did confirm they did not involve pupils.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It’s not a child protection issue.”
Martin Tuck is acting as executive headteacher.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM