Teachers suspended from Hatfield school
TWO female teachers have been suspended from a Hatfield school pending an investigation into their professional conduct.
Headteacher Samantha Eckland and year six teacher Lindsey White are under investigation by Birchwood Avenue Primary School’s governing body and Hertfordshire County Council.
In a letter to parents, chair of governors Kate Wright said: “There will be a fair and independent investigation to determine whether or not these allegations have any foundation.”
Speaking to the Welwyn Hatfield Times, Mrs Wright declined to be drawn on the content of the allegations.
However, she did confirm they did not involve pupils.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It’s not a child protection issue.”
Martin Tuck is acting as executive headteacher.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton