Teachers suspended from Hatfield school
TWO female teachers have been suspended from a Hatfield school pending an investigation into their professional conduct.
Headteacher Samantha Eckland and year six teacher Lindsey White are under investigation by Birchwood Avenue Primary School’s governing body and Hertfordshire County Council.
In a letter to parents, chair of governors Kate Wright said: “There will be a fair and independent investigation to determine whether or not these allegations have any foundation.”
Speaking to the Welwyn Hatfield Times, Mrs Wright declined to be drawn on the content of the allegations.
However, she did confirm they did not involve pupils.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It’s not a child protection issue.”
Martin Tuck is acting as executive headteacher.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes