Find out more about teacher training at Hatfield event
- Credit: Adam Fradgley/UNP/Exposure
A free teacher training event will take place in Hatfield tomorrow – open to everyone who wants to help ‘shape lives’ by getting into the profession.
To fund training, you could receive a £26,000 tax-free bursary - and newly-qualified teachers start on a minimum starting salary of £24,000 to £30,000.
Roger Pope, spokesperson for the Get Into Teaching campaign and a National Leader of Education, said: "It's a wonderful feeling knowing every lesson shapes a life.
"As well as the immense satisfaction of witnessing students learn and knowing you are influencing the next generation, teaching enables you to tap into your talents and passion for your subject.
"It also offers some very competitive financial rewards and long-term prospects.
You may also want to watch:
"Anyone who feels they have the passion and potential to teach should come along to this event in Hatfield.
Anyone interested in finding out more about the benefits and rewards of teaching can visit the Train to Teach event at the University of Hertfordshire, College Lane campus, Hatfield, AL10 9AB on Tuesday 10 March from 4.30pm to 7pm.
Applications for teacher training start in September 2020 and are now open. For more see getintoteaching.education.gov.uk, or call the Get Into Teaching Line on 0800 389 2500.
- 1 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals