Welwyn Garden City primary school burgled
- Credit: Archant
Police are asking for information and witnesses after a break-in at a Welwyn Garden City primary school.
Between 4am and 4.17am on Thursday, December 27, Swallow Dell Primary School in Blackthorn Road was broken into.
A staff member returned to the locked school after the Christmas holidays to find that the glass entrance door’s lower panel had been smashed.
The offender(s) appear to have walked into multiple rooms and forced open staff lockers with a tool.
It is unknown if any items were stolen.
PC Rhianna Ward, who is investigating, said: “I’m appealing for anyone who was in the area between the times stated and believed they saw anyone acting suspiciously to get in touch.
“A security alarm was triggered and continued for about 15 minutes, so you may have heard it if you live nearby.”
- 1 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 2 Vandals trash toilet on WGC train
- 3 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 6 Autism wellbeing event coming to Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Village off-licence at risk from plans for rival outlet
- 8 New safety signage installed at Stanborough Lakes
- 9 Nissan rolled in three-vehicle crash on M25
- 10 Welwyn Hatfield tops tenant complaint figures for east of England
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Ward by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference 41/70821/18.
As well as contacting the investigating officer directly, you can also report information online at www.herts.police.uk/Report.
Alternatively, you can stay 100 per cent anonymous by contacting the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their untraceable online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.