Potters Bar pupils bring seasonal joy to day care centre staff
A Potters Bar primary school has wowed a day care centre with autumnal gifts and songs.
Pupils from Stormont School in Potters Bar played host to proud parents as well as the staff of Cuffley Day Care Centre (formerly the Leonard Cheshire Trust) to enjoy an afternoon of harvest festival entertainment.
Pupils from reception all the way up to year 6 of the all-girls school performed mini plays, read poems and sang songs at the event on October 4.
“The girls put on an amazing show, especially the Reception class as it is their first time on the stage,” said head teacher Mrs Sharon Martin.
The day care staff were so impressed by the Stormont Singers they’ve invited the girls to sing for the Centre users at a later date.
You may also want to watch:
As well as enjoying musical entertainment, the care staff had a light lunch along with parents and took away hampers donated by pupils and their families for the Centre users, each with an individual message.
“It really is a very special family and community feel,” said Mrs Martin. “Our cook also bakes a wonderful harvest bread which is centre stage.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 3 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
“I am very proud of the girls and their families who so readily support this community event.
“We have also received a lovely thank you e mail from Yvonne Treves, on behalf of Cuffley Day Care Centre.”