Potters Bar pupils bring seasonal joy to day care centre staff
A Potters Bar primary school has wowed a day care centre with autumnal gifts and songs.
Pupils from Stormont School in Potters Bar played host to proud parents as well as the staff of Cuffley Day Care Centre (formerly the Leonard Cheshire Trust) to enjoy an afternoon of harvest festival entertainment.
Pupils from reception all the way up to year 6 of the all-girls school performed mini plays, read poems and sang songs at the event on October 4.
“The girls put on an amazing show, especially the Reception class as it is their first time on the stage,” said head teacher Mrs Sharon Martin.
The day care staff were so impressed by the Stormont Singers they’ve invited the girls to sing for the Centre users at a later date.
As well as enjoying musical entertainment, the care staff had a light lunch along with parents and took away hampers donated by pupils and their families for the Centre users, each with an individual message.
“It really is a very special family and community feel,” said Mrs Martin. “Our cook also bakes a wonderful harvest bread which is centre stage.
- 1 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 2 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 3 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 4 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 5 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 See inside this rumoured prison conversion in Welwyn village
- 8 Six buses damaged at Potters Bar Bus Garage after 'significant' blaze
- 9 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 10 96-year-old WGC woman remembers the Queen's Coronation ahead of Platinum Jubilee
“I am very proud of the girls and their families who so readily support this community event.
“We have also received a lovely thank you e mail from Yvonne Treves, on behalf of Cuffley Day Care Centre.”