Stay all day, play all day for free at Welwyn Garden City play day
- Credit: Archant
Thousands are expected to join the fun at Playday 2015 on Wednesday, August 5, at Stanborough Park, in Welwyn Garden City, from 10am to 4pm.
This year’s free* event, supported by the Welwyn Hatfield Times, is bigger and better than ever, with a wide range of sports and activities to take part in, plus entertainment to enjoy.
New events for 2015 include a chance to learn circus and archery skills and demonstrations of falconry and karate.
Among those performing on stage will be Dance Beat, Elsa from Frozen and winners and finalists from the 3Music talent competition.
Visitors are welcome to bring picnics and stay all day, although food and drink will also be available to purchase from vendors.
You may also want to watch:
Borough councillor Tony Kingsbury said: “Playday is a national event that celebrates children’s right to play, and this year’s event reflects the many fun, healthy and educational activities available to children in the borough.
“So come along, enjoy a great day out and find out about sports, hobbies and activities that can keep children occupied and interested all summer long.”
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 4 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 7 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 8 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
This year’s event will be in aid of Keech Hospice Care (www.keech.org.uk), which looks after children from the Welwyn Hatfield area.
Playday 2015 in Stanborough Park is organised by Welwyn Hatfield Council and Finesse Leisure.
You can find out more at www.welhat.gov.uk/playday.
*Entry to the event is free, along with most activities and entertainments, although small donations to Keech Hospice Care are requested for certain activities. Car parking charges will be in operation at Stanborough Park car park and Stanborough School.