Stay all day, play all day for free at Welwyn Garden City play day
- Credit: Archant
Thousands are expected to join the fun at Playday 2015 on Wednesday, August 5, at Stanborough Park, in Welwyn Garden City, from 10am to 4pm.
This year’s free* event, supported by the Welwyn Hatfield Times, is bigger and better than ever, with a wide range of sports and activities to take part in, plus entertainment to enjoy.
New events for 2015 include a chance to learn circus and archery skills and demonstrations of falconry and karate.
Among those performing on stage will be Dance Beat, Elsa from Frozen and winners and finalists from the 3Music talent competition.
Visitors are welcome to bring picnics and stay all day, although food and drink will also be available to purchase from vendors.
You may also want to watch:
Borough councillor Tony Kingsbury said: “Playday is a national event that celebrates children’s right to play, and this year’s event reflects the many fun, healthy and educational activities available to children in the borough.
“So come along, enjoy a great day out and find out about sports, hobbies and activities that can keep children occupied and interested all summer long.”
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
This year’s event will be in aid of Keech Hospice Care (www.keech.org.uk), which looks after children from the Welwyn Hatfield area.
Playday 2015 in Stanborough Park is organised by Welwyn Hatfield Council and Finesse Leisure.
You can find out more at www.welhat.gov.uk/playday.
*Entry to the event is free, along with most activities and entertainments, although small donations to Keech Hospice Care are requested for certain activities. Car parking charges will be in operation at Stanborough Park car park and Stanborough School.