Status Quo drummer rocks Hatfield
A DRUMMER had Hatfield pupils Rockin All Over The World this morning (Thursday).
Status Quo legend Jeff Rich wowed Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School students at his workshop.
Worzel, as he was known during his 16 years with the English rockers, gave a talk on the history of the drums, before he went through the basics with the youngsters, and then let rip with an extremely impressive improvisation, which had the year eight and nine girls in raptures.
The children and teachers then got involved themselves, as they took part in a group jamming session with Jeff, who left the band in 2000.
Pupils learning drums were given their own opportunity to take hold of the sticks and play in front of their friends.
You may also want to watch:
Julia Punchard, head of music at the Woods Avenue school, said: I think it was absolutely amazing and the girls really loved it, he was great with them and really caught their interest. I think we’ll have quite a few more girls taking up the drums in music now.”
Jeff, who has run workshops in more than 5000 primary and senior schools, said: “Every school and workshop is different, the students at girls schools tend to be more shy and then get more into it after a while; and today has been a great one.”
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog