Status Quo drummer rocks Hatfield
A DRUMMER had Hatfield pupils Rockin All Over The World this morning (Thursday).
Status Quo legend Jeff Rich wowed Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School students at his workshop.
Worzel, as he was known during his 16 years with the English rockers, gave a talk on the history of the drums, before he went through the basics with the youngsters, and then let rip with an extremely impressive improvisation, which had the year eight and nine girls in raptures.
The children and teachers then got involved themselves, as they took part in a group jamming session with Jeff, who left the band in 2000.
Pupils learning drums were given their own opportunity to take hold of the sticks and play in front of their friends.
You may also want to watch:
Julia Punchard, head of music at the Woods Avenue school, said: I think it was absolutely amazing and the girls really loved it, he was great with them and really caught their interest. I think we’ll have quite a few more girls taking up the drums in music now.”
Jeff, who has run workshops in more than 5000 primary and senior schools, said: “Every school and workshop is different, the students at girls schools tend to be more shy and then get more into it after a while; and today has been a great one.”
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?