Status Quo drummer rocks Hatfield
A DRUMMER had Hatfield pupils Rockin All Over The World this morning (Thursday).
Status Quo legend Jeff Rich wowed Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School students at his workshop.
Worzel, as he was known during his 16 years with the English rockers, gave a talk on the history of the drums, before he went through the basics with the youngsters, and then let rip with an extremely impressive improvisation, which had the year eight and nine girls in raptures.
The children and teachers then got involved themselves, as they took part in a group jamming session with Jeff, who left the band in 2000.
Pupils learning drums were given their own opportunity to take hold of the sticks and play in front of their friends.
You may also want to watch:
Julia Punchard, head of music at the Woods Avenue school, said: I think it was absolutely amazing and the girls really loved it, he was great with them and really caught their interest. I think we’ll have quite a few more girls taking up the drums in music now.”
Jeff, who has run workshops in more than 5000 primary and senior schools, said: “Every school and workshop is different, the students at girls schools tend to be more shy and then get more into it after a while; and today has been a great one.”
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 4 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 8 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 9 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 10 Smart new kits for Welwyn's men who maintain unbeaten start to new hockey season