Whole year group at Stanborough School to study from home for two weeks after confirmed coronavirus case
- Credit: Archant
Following a confirmed case of coronavirus at Stanborough School in Welwyn Garden City, all its Year 8 students have been told to self-isolate.
The group were told not to come into school today and will now all have to study from home until they can return on September 22 – 14 days after the confirmed case.
In a letter sent out to parents headteacher Merry John said: “I know that you may find this concerning, but I am continuing to monitor the situation and working closely with Public Health England.
“Please be reassured that for most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.”
Speaking to this paper Mrs John added: “I feel very reassured with the support and guidance that I received from Public Health England.
You may also want to watch:
“We continue to ensure that we follow all government guidance and have the students and staff at the heart of all decisions we make here at Stanborough School.”
- 1 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 2 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 3 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 4 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 5 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
- 6 Crashes and flooding on A1(M) and M25 causing delays
- 7 Car dealership donates PCs to help children learn from home
- 8 Multiple fines issued to partygoers at 'dangerous' music event
- 9 New car park proposed for park
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar