Whole year group at Stanborough School to study from home for two weeks after confirmed coronavirus case
- Credit: Archant
Following a confirmed case of coronavirus at Stanborough School in Welwyn Garden City, all its Year 8 students have been told to self-isolate.
The group were told not to come into school today and will now all have to study from home until they can return on September 22 – 14 days after the confirmed case.
In a letter sent out to parents headteacher Merry John said: “I know that you may find this concerning, but I am continuing to monitor the situation and working closely with Public Health England.
“Please be reassured that for most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.”
Speaking to this paper Mrs John added: “I feel very reassured with the support and guidance that I received from Public Health England.
You may also want to watch:
“We continue to ensure that we follow all government guidance and have the students and staff at the heart of all decisions we make here at Stanborough School.”
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield