Whole year group at Stanborough School to study from home for two weeks after confirmed coronavirus case
- Credit: Archant
Following a confirmed case of coronavirus at Stanborough School in Welwyn Garden City, all its Year 8 students have been told to self-isolate.
The group were told not to come into school today and will now all have to study from home until they can return on September 22 – 14 days after the confirmed case.
In a letter sent out to parents headteacher Merry John said: “I know that you may find this concerning, but I am continuing to monitor the situation and working closely with Public Health England.
“Please be reassured that for most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.”
Speaking to this paper Mrs John added: “I feel very reassured with the support and guidance that I received from Public Health England.
You may also want to watch:
“We continue to ensure that we follow all government guidance and have the students and staff at the heart of all decisions we make here at Stanborough School.”
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman as two men charged with murder
- 2 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 3 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 4 New ITV teen drama Tell Me Everything being filmed in Welwyn Garden City
- 5 Campus West car park planning application submitted
- 6 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 7 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 10 Spotting the signs: a personal insight into suicide