Whole year group at Stanborough School to study from home for two weeks after confirmed coronavirus case
- Credit: Archant
Following a confirmed case of coronavirus at Stanborough School in Welwyn Garden City, all its Year 8 students have been told to self-isolate.
The group were told not to come into school today and will now all have to study from home until they can return on September 22 – 14 days after the confirmed case.
In a letter sent out to parents headteacher Merry John said: “I know that you may find this concerning, but I am continuing to monitor the situation and working closely with Public Health England.
“Please be reassured that for most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.”
Speaking to this paper Mrs John added: “I feel very reassured with the support and guidance that I received from Public Health England.
You may also want to watch:
“We continue to ensure that we follow all government guidance and have the students and staff at the heart of all decisions we make here at Stanborough School.”
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 3 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Welwyn Garden City Beaver raises more than £100 for NHS with yard sale
- 6 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
- 7 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 8 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 9 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 10 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey