Stanborough School to remain closed following ‘major power failure’
- Credit: Archant
Stanborough School in Welwyn Garden City will be closed tomorrow and Friday following a small fire this morning.
A fire in the boiler room of the Lemsford Lane school caused an electrical fault, which resulted in a “major power failure”, and the school was subsequently closed at 1pm.
Following advice from electricians and UK Power Networks, the extent of the damage has meant the school will be closed until the weekend.
Post-16 pupils should still attend off-site lessons as normal tomorrow, and the school will reopen as normal on Monday, February 22.
The two Oklahoma performances scheduled for today have been provisionally moved to Wednesday, February 24 and Thursday, February 25.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 5 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire