Stanborough School to remain closed following ‘major power failure’
- Credit: Archant
Stanborough School in Welwyn Garden City will be closed tomorrow and Friday following a small fire this morning.
A fire in the boiler room of the Lemsford Lane school caused an electrical fault, which resulted in a “major power failure”, and the school was subsequently closed at 1pm.
Following advice from electricians and UK Power Networks, the extent of the damage has meant the school will be closed until the weekend.
Post-16 pupils should still attend off-site lessons as normal tomorrow, and the school will reopen as normal on Monday, February 22.
The two Oklahoma performances scheduled for today have been provisionally moved to Wednesday, February 24 and Thursday, February 25.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 5 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 6 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 9 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules