Stanborough School to remain closed following ‘major power failure’
- Credit: Archant
Stanborough School in Welwyn Garden City will be closed tomorrow and Friday following a small fire this morning.
A fire in the boiler room of the Lemsford Lane school caused an electrical fault, which resulted in a “major power failure”, and the school was subsequently closed at 1pm.
Following advice from electricians and UK Power Networks, the extent of the damage has meant the school will be closed until the weekend.
Post-16 pupils should still attend off-site lessons as normal tomorrow, and the school will reopen as normal on Monday, February 22.
The two Oklahoma performances scheduled for today have been provisionally moved to Wednesday, February 24 and Thursday, February 25.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 8 5 films and TV series shot on location at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 9 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign