Stanborough School to remain closed following ‘major power failure’
- Credit: Archant
Stanborough School in Welwyn Garden City will be closed tomorrow and Friday following a small fire this morning.
A fire in the boiler room of the Lemsford Lane school caused an electrical fault, which resulted in a “major power failure”, and the school was subsequently closed at 1pm.
Following advice from electricians and UK Power Networks, the extent of the damage has meant the school will be closed until the weekend.
Post-16 pupils should still attend off-site lessons as normal tomorrow, and the school will reopen as normal on Monday, February 22.
The two Oklahoma performances scheduled for today have been provisionally moved to Wednesday, February 24 and Thursday, February 25.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 6 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Grant Shapps meets travel agency who said industry has been 'messed about' by his rules