Stanborough School officially opens new teaching block with 16 new classrooms
- Credit: Supplied
Learning capacity has been increased at Stanborough School in Welwyn Garden City after its new teaching block opened to students this month.
After almost a year of waiting, the Mayor of Welwyn Hatfield Councillor Roger Trigg unveiled the plaque which marked the opening of the new build in a socially-distanced gathering on September 10.
The opening of the block, which houses 16 brand new classrooms for humanities and modern foreign languages, offices and a ‘support block’, marks the halfway point in a £4.8million development to expand and enhance learning opportunities to its students. With the opening of the new block, space was available to expand the science capacity within the school to accommodate two new fully functioning laboratories.
Headteacher Mrs John says: “This is an exciting phase in the development of Stanborough School. The new classrooms reflects the importance we place on delivering the best opportunities for our students and developing a truly first class learning environment for our students and staff.
“There is continued work next to the teaching block with the construction of a state of the art drama and music block set to open in the spring term.
You may also want to watch:
“This will provide more specialist areas for the school. This is a highly exciting development for the school and will serve generations of students and staff in their endeavours to fulfil their potential.”
Cllr Trigg paid tribute to Stanborough students in the coming year. The mayor commented: “I am bowled over by the appearance, conduct and work ethic of the Stanborough students. The students and staff clearly have very high expectations. I am sure the students will take full advantage of the opportunities.”
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 5 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 6 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 7 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder