Stanborough School officially opens new teaching block with 16 new classrooms
- Credit: Supplied
Learning capacity has been increased at Stanborough School in Welwyn Garden City after its new teaching block opened to students this month.
After almost a year of waiting, the Mayor of Welwyn Hatfield Councillor Roger Trigg unveiled the plaque which marked the opening of the new build in a socially-distanced gathering on September 10.
The opening of the block, which houses 16 brand new classrooms for humanities and modern foreign languages, offices and a ‘support block’, marks the halfway point in a £4.8million development to expand and enhance learning opportunities to its students. With the opening of the new block, space was available to expand the science capacity within the school to accommodate two new fully functioning laboratories.
Headteacher Mrs John says: “This is an exciting phase in the development of Stanborough School. The new classrooms reflects the importance we place on delivering the best opportunities for our students and developing a truly first class learning environment for our students and staff.
“There is continued work next to the teaching block with the construction of a state of the art drama and music block set to open in the spring term.
You may also want to watch:
“This will provide more specialist areas for the school. This is a highly exciting development for the school and will serve generations of students and staff in their endeavours to fulfil their potential.”
Cllr Trigg paid tribute to Stanborough students in the coming year. The mayor commented: “I am bowled over by the appearance, conduct and work ethic of the Stanborough students. The students and staff clearly have very high expectations. I am sure the students will take full advantage of the opportunities.”
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie