Welwyn Garden City headteacher announces retirement
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City headteacher has announced today that he is set to retire this year.
Mr Peter Brown, the headteacher of Stanborough School, has announced to staff, parents, pupils and governors that he is retiring at the end of August after 15 years at the school.
The former art teacher saw many changes at Stanborough including the school being awarded a ‘Good’ rating from Ofsted in 2014 following many years of improvements.
Stanborough became a Specialist Maths and Computing School soon after Mr Brown arrived, and he also saw the school through the process of converting into an academy in 2013.
Mr Brown said: “It has been my great privilege and pleasure to work with the students, staff, parents and governors at Stanborough, in leading the school through such an important time in our long history.
You may also want to watch:
“I chose Stanborough because of its strong commitment to inclusive, comprehensive community education and have been immensely proud of our fantastic team of dedicated staff who have supported our students to achieve excellent standards over the years in every sphere of their endeavours.
“I am confident that Stanborough has a strong foundation for continued success and future expansion and would like to thank everyone for their support in making my role as headteacher a positive experience that I will forever remember.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 6 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
Neil Hounsom, Chair of Governors, said: “As a Governing Body we wish Peter every happiness with his retirement plans.
“He has worked incredibly hard on behalf of the school over the past 15 years and the success and popularity of Stanborough is very much down to his effective vision and leadership during his time here.”