Welwyn Garden City headteacher announces retirement
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City headteacher has announced today that he is set to retire this year.
Mr Peter Brown, the headteacher of Stanborough School, has announced to staff, parents, pupils and governors that he is retiring at the end of August after 15 years at the school.
The former art teacher saw many changes at Stanborough including the school being awarded a ‘Good’ rating from Ofsted in 2014 following many years of improvements.
Stanborough became a Specialist Maths and Computing School soon after Mr Brown arrived, and he also saw the school through the process of converting into an academy in 2013.
Mr Brown said: “It has been my great privilege and pleasure to work with the students, staff, parents and governors at Stanborough, in leading the school through such an important time in our long history.
You may also want to watch:
“I chose Stanborough because of its strong commitment to inclusive, comprehensive community education and have been immensely proud of our fantastic team of dedicated staff who have supported our students to achieve excellent standards over the years in every sphere of their endeavours.
“I am confident that Stanborough has a strong foundation for continued success and future expansion and would like to thank everyone for their support in making my role as headteacher a positive experience that I will forever remember.”
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
Neil Hounsom, Chair of Governors, said: “As a Governing Body we wish Peter every happiness with his retirement plans.
“He has worked incredibly hard on behalf of the school over the past 15 years and the success and popularity of Stanborough is very much down to his effective vision and leadership during his time here.”