Potters Bar playgroup scoops ‘outstanding’ Ofsted result
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A nursery playgroup in Potters Bar is celebrating a top-notch rating from Ofsted.
After an inspection on November 18, St John’s Nursery Playgroup at Oakmere School on Chace Avenue learned in January that they had been rated ‘outstanding’ by the government inspectors.
The coveted rating applied to all four measures that inspectors considered when they rated the Potters Bar playgroup: leadership effectiveness, quality of teaching, personal development, and outcomes for children.
The report said staff are “inspiring”, saying “their teaching is exceptional”.
The report described how activities help the little ones learn at all levels of ability, and that they have a wealth of “exciting” resources both indoors and outdoors.
You may also want to watch:
“Children have extremely positive attitudes to learning,” continues the report, after describing how they improve quickly from various different starting points.
“I am thrilled that we have achieved this grading,” said playgroup leader Alyson Gnessen.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 3 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 4 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 5 Teenager charged after 'Rambo knife' and suspected class A drugs found
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 8 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 9 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 10 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
“It is the culmination of a few years of hard work and having an amazing staff team who have a passion for working with children and love the children we work with.
“We don’t just support the children, we support their families too, and help them with many aspects of family life.
“I wanted to thank all our current, and past families who have put their faith in us and sent their children to our setting.”