Potters Bar playgroup scoops ‘outstanding’ Ofsted result
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A nursery playgroup in Potters Bar is celebrating a top-notch rating from Ofsted.
After an inspection on November 18, St John’s Nursery Playgroup at Oakmere School on Chace Avenue learned in January that they had been rated ‘outstanding’ by the government inspectors.
The coveted rating applied to all four measures that inspectors considered when they rated the Potters Bar playgroup: leadership effectiveness, quality of teaching, personal development, and outcomes for children.
The report said staff are “inspiring”, saying “their teaching is exceptional”.
The report described how activities help the little ones learn at all levels of ability, and that they have a wealth of “exciting” resources both indoors and outdoors.
You may also want to watch:
“Children have extremely positive attitudes to learning,” continues the report, after describing how they improve quickly from various different starting points.
“I am thrilled that we have achieved this grading,” said playgroup leader Alyson Gnessen.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
“It is the culmination of a few years of hard work and having an amazing staff team who have a passion for working with children and love the children we work with.
“We don’t just support the children, we support their families too, and help them with many aspects of family life.
“I wanted to thank all our current, and past families who have put their faith in us and sent their children to our setting.”