Potters Bar playgroup scoops ‘outstanding’ Ofsted result
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A nursery playgroup in Potters Bar is celebrating a top-notch rating from Ofsted.
After an inspection on November 18, St John’s Nursery Playgroup at Oakmere School on Chace Avenue learned in January that they had been rated ‘outstanding’ by the government inspectors.
The coveted rating applied to all four measures that inspectors considered when they rated the Potters Bar playgroup: leadership effectiveness, quality of teaching, personal development, and outcomes for children.
The report said staff are “inspiring”, saying “their teaching is exceptional”.
The report described how activities help the little ones learn at all levels of ability, and that they have a wealth of “exciting” resources both indoors and outdoors.
You may also want to watch:
“Children have extremely positive attitudes to learning,” continues the report, after describing how they improve quickly from various different starting points.
“I am thrilled that we have achieved this grading,” said playgroup leader Alyson Gnessen.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 8 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
“It is the culmination of a few years of hard work and having an amazing staff team who have a passion for working with children and love the children we work with.
“We don’t just support the children, we support their families too, and help them with many aspects of family life.
“I wanted to thank all our current, and past families who have put their faith in us and sent their children to our setting.”