South Mimms school celebrates glowing Ofsted report
- Credit: Archant
A fast-improving South Mimms primary school has been given the thumbs up by Ofsted.
St Giles Primary School in Blanche Lane, South Mimms, had previously been given an overall rating of ‘requiring improvement’ in an Ofsted report in May 2014.
This month the school has been graded as ‘good’ across the board in a glowing report, with some elements of teaching even recognised as being outstanding.
Ofsted inspectors wrote: “The headteacher has a very clear understanding of the school’s strengths and where further improvement is needed.
“Substantial changes to teaching staff have been managed very effectively.”
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Susan Ridge, who has been based at the school since 2008, said: “I am very proud of our school, all the hard work and commitment of staff, governors and parents, but most of all, our wonderful children. Well done everyone.
“We weren’t far off outstanding status and we aim to be outstanding.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 7 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 8 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 9 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“It’s onwards and upwards.
“There’s been lots of positive feedback from parents.”