Society’s work really appreciated
A FEW weeks ago I wrote in the WHT about an event during Parkinson s Disease Awareness Week. I visited the QE2 hospital in WGC where the local branches of the Parkinson s Disease Society had set up an information stand to promote and distribute their new
A FEW weeks ago I wrote in the WHT about an event during Parkinson's Disease Awareness Week.
I visited the QE2 hospital in WGC where the local branches of the Parkinson's Disease Society had set up an information stand to promote and distribute their new DVD for people newly diagnosed with the disease.
Many health professionals asked the experts on hand for information on Parkinson's to help them provide the best care for people with the disease.
One crucial piece of information was to do with medication timing - if medicine is not administered at the correct times it can harm the patient's health.
You may also want to watch:
Many took away DVDs to watch or to give to newly diagnosed people and praised the society for helping them in their work.
The day was a great success and I hope the information provided helped the doctors and nurses in their vital jobs, and that more people were made aware of the disease and the good work of the Parkinson's Disease Society.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement