Small fire causes Welwyn Garden City school closure
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City school has closed early following a small fire this morning.
A fire in the boiler room at Stanborough School caused an electrical fault, which resulted in a “complete power failure” at the Lemsford Lane school, according to its website.
The school subsequently closed at 1pm, and pupils who are unable to get home will be supervised until a parent is contacted to arrange collection.
The school should be open tomorrow, but parents are advised to check the website and Twitter for updates.
A planned school production of Oklahoma scheduled for tonight is set to go ahead, but that will be confirmed by 5.30pm via the school’s website and Twitter.
If cancelled, tickets from tonight will be valid for tomorrow.
- 1 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 2 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 3 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 9 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 10 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman