Small fire causes Welwyn Garden City school closure
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City school has closed early following a small fire this morning.
A fire in the boiler room at Stanborough School caused an electrical fault, which resulted in a “complete power failure” at the Lemsford Lane school, according to its website.
The school subsequently closed at 1pm, and pupils who are unable to get home will be supervised until a parent is contacted to arrange collection.
The school should be open tomorrow, but parents are advised to check the website and Twitter for updates.
A planned school production of Oklahoma scheduled for tonight is set to go ahead, but that will be confirmed by 5.30pm via the school’s website and Twitter.
You may also want to watch:
If cancelled, tickets from tonight will be valid for tomorrow.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 6 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 9 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 10 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed