Small fire causes Welwyn Garden City school closure
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City school has closed early following a small fire this morning.
A fire in the boiler room at Stanborough School caused an electrical fault, which resulted in a “complete power failure” at the Lemsford Lane school, according to its website.
The school subsequently closed at 1pm, and pupils who are unable to get home will be supervised until a parent is contacted to arrange collection.
The school should be open tomorrow, but parents are advised to check the website and Twitter for updates.
A planned school production of Oklahoma scheduled for tonight is set to go ahead, but that will be confirmed by 5.30pm via the school’s website and Twitter.
You may also want to watch:
If cancelled, tickets from tonight will be valid for tomorrow.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 4 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 7 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 8 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 9 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar