Small fire causes Welwyn Garden City school closure
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City school has closed early following a small fire this morning.
A fire in the boiler room at Stanborough School caused an electrical fault, which resulted in a “complete power failure” at the Lemsford Lane school, according to its website.
The school subsequently closed at 1pm, and pupils who are unable to get home will be supervised until a parent is contacted to arrange collection.
The school should be open tomorrow, but parents are advised to check the website and Twitter for updates.
A planned school production of Oklahoma scheduled for tonight is set to go ahead, but that will be confirmed by 5.30pm via the school’s website and Twitter.
You may also want to watch:
If cancelled, tickets from tonight will be valid for tomorrow.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 5 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire