Secret Millionaire in Welwyn Garden City
A STAR of Channel 4’s Secret Millionaire will be in WGC tomorrow (Wednesday) talking about his experience growing up as a young carer.
Paul Ragan, left, will be speaking to delegates at Carers in Hertfordshire’s annual conference, at Campus West.
A young carer is clarified as someone aged between nine and 18 who takes on the job of looking after family members who have an illness, mental or physical disease or an alcohol or drug problem.
Paul, who starred on the hit show in March, cared for his mother who suffered from schizophrenia, from age five upwards.
He is now passionate about helping young people in similar situations.
You may also want to watch:
Carers in Hertfordshire provides support to young carers in the county.
The conference will feature an informative and fun-packed programme, which will aim to demonstrate the importance of the estimated 8,000 young carers in Herts.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
Chief executive Sue Reeve said: “I cannot overstate the importance of supporting young carers and giving them the opportunity to have a break from their caring role.
“It’s also great when they have their chance to tell the people in charge what it’s like to be a young carer and what they can do to make things better for young carers.
“We are all excited and delighted that Paul Ragan is going to be joining us.”