Secret Millionaire in Welwyn Garden City
A STAR of Channel 4’s Secret Millionaire will be in WGC tomorrow (Wednesday) talking about his experience growing up as a young carer.
Paul Ragan, left, will be speaking to delegates at Carers in Hertfordshire’s annual conference, at Campus West.
A young carer is clarified as someone aged between nine and 18 who takes on the job of looking after family members who have an illness, mental or physical disease or an alcohol or drug problem.
Paul, who starred on the hit show in March, cared for his mother who suffered from schizophrenia, from age five upwards.
He is now passionate about helping young people in similar situations.
Carers in Hertfordshire provides support to young carers in the county.
The conference will feature an informative and fun-packed programme, which will aim to demonstrate the importance of the estimated 8,000 young carers in Herts.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 3 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 4 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 5 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 8 Cuffley home care company recognised among best in east of England
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Local man will be flying high in an effort to raise much needed funds for Potential Kids
Chief executive Sue Reeve said: “I cannot overstate the importance of supporting young carers and giving them the opportunity to have a break from their caring role.
“It’s also great when they have their chance to tell the people in charge what it’s like to be a young carer and what they can do to make things better for young carers.
“We are all excited and delighted that Paul Ragan is going to be joining us.”