Secret Millionaire in Welwyn Garden City
A STAR of Channel 4’s Secret Millionaire will be in WGC tomorrow (Wednesday) talking about his experience growing up as a young carer.
Paul Ragan, left, will be speaking to delegates at Carers in Hertfordshire’s annual conference, at Campus West.
A young carer is clarified as someone aged between nine and 18 who takes on the job of looking after family members who have an illness, mental or physical disease or an alcohol or drug problem.
Paul, who starred on the hit show in March, cared for his mother who suffered from schizophrenia, from age five upwards.
He is now passionate about helping young people in similar situations.
You may also want to watch:
Carers in Hertfordshire provides support to young carers in the county.
The conference will feature an informative and fun-packed programme, which will aim to demonstrate the importance of the estimated 8,000 young carers in Herts.
- 1 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 9 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
Chief executive Sue Reeve said: “I cannot overstate the importance of supporting young carers and giving them the opportunity to have a break from their caring role.
“It’s also great when they have their chance to tell the people in charge what it’s like to be a young carer and what they can do to make things better for young carers.
“We are all excited and delighted that Paul Ragan is going to be joining us.”