Search for deserving Hatfield University of Hertfordshire student
- Credit: Archant
Hatfield’s University of Hertfordshire is looking for an inspirational student whose contribution to the community deserves recognition.
Nominations for the Student Community Award, run for the second year by the university and its policing team, are open to March 31, with a trophy presentation on April 28.
Last year it was won by a student who helped reunite a missing 93-year-old man with his family, with the runners-up a group who helped at a community centre.
PCSO Louise Luxford said: “Many of the students at the University help members of the community in one way or another. Some are always on hand to help elderly neighbours for example, whilst others volunteer within community youth groups.
“This award scheme aims to recognise the positive impact these students have in the borough. We are keen to hear from all members of the community who would like to nominate a student.”
You may also want to watch:
Nominations should be sent to her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 8 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?