Search for deserving Hatfield University of Hertfordshire student
- Credit: Archant
Hatfield’s University of Hertfordshire is looking for an inspirational student whose contribution to the community deserves recognition.
Nominations for the Student Community Award, run for the second year by the university and its policing team, are open to March 31, with a trophy presentation on April 28.
Last year it was won by a student who helped reunite a missing 93-year-old man with his family, with the runners-up a group who helped at a community centre.
PCSO Louise Luxford said: “Many of the students at the University help members of the community in one way or another. Some are always on hand to help elderly neighbours for example, whilst others volunteer within community youth groups.
“This award scheme aims to recognise the positive impact these students have in the borough. We are keen to hear from all members of the community who would like to nominate a student.”
You may also want to watch:
Nominations should be sent to her by email at email@example.com
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school