Search for deserving Hatfield University of Hertfordshire student
- Credit: Archant
Hatfield’s University of Hertfordshire is looking for an inspirational student whose contribution to the community deserves recognition.
Nominations for the Student Community Award, run for the second year by the university and its policing team, are open to March 31, with a trophy presentation on April 28.
Last year it was won by a student who helped reunite a missing 93-year-old man with his family, with the runners-up a group who helped at a community centre.
PCSO Louise Luxford said: “Many of the students at the University help members of the community in one way or another. Some are always on hand to help elderly neighbours for example, whilst others volunteer within community youth groups.
“This award scheme aims to recognise the positive impact these students have in the borough. We are keen to hear from all members of the community who would like to nominate a student.”
You may also want to watch:
Nominations should be sent to her by email at email@example.com
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 7 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 10 Lessons from Auschwitz: Why we must keep talking about the Holocaust