Search for deserving Hatfield University of Hertfordshire student
- Credit: Archant
Hatfield’s University of Hertfordshire is looking for an inspirational student whose contribution to the community deserves recognition.
Nominations for the Student Community Award, run for the second year by the university and its policing team, are open to March 31, with a trophy presentation on April 28.
Last year it was won by a student who helped reunite a missing 93-year-old man with his family, with the runners-up a group who helped at a community centre.
PCSO Louise Luxford said: “Many of the students at the University help members of the community in one way or another. Some are always on hand to help elderly neighbours for example, whilst others volunteer within community youth groups.
“This award scheme aims to recognise the positive impact these students have in the borough. We are keen to hear from all members of the community who would like to nominate a student.”
You may also want to watch:
Nominations should be sent to her by email at email@example.com
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 5 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 6 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday