School closures in Hertfordshire due to snow
- Credit: Archant
SEVERAL schools have shut in Welwyn Hatfield, and more closures are expected this afternoon, due to the amount of snow forecast to fall later today (Friday).
Amongst the schools are:
- Applecroft Primary, Welwyn Garden City, said “school closed at 12 midday.”
- Birchwood Nursery, Hatfield, said “The Nursery, Birches child care and Children’s Centre will close at 1 o’clock today to allow safe travel home.”
- Brookmans Park Primary, Brookmans Park, said: “School closing 12.45pm pick up sooner if you need to.”
You may also want to watch:
- Chancellor’s Secondary, Brookmans Park, said: “School will close early at 1pm today due to snow. Afternoon exams will go ahead as planned.”
- Commonswood Primary, Welwyn Garden City, said: “Please be prepared to collect children at short notice should we need to close the school.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- Cranborne Primary, Potters Bar, said: “School closing 1pm. Please collect yourchild from cladd. We will supervise anyone unable to be collected.”
- Harwood Hill JMI & Nursery, Welwyn Garden City, said: “School is currently open but due to predicted poor weather, parents are able to pick children up from 12.45pm if they are concerned.”
- Knebworth Primary said: “School closed due to snow.”
- Lakeside School, Welwyn Garden City, said: “Closing at 1.30pm due to forecast of snow.”
- Onslow St Audrey’s Secondary, Hatfield, said: “School will close at 1.30pm for all students except those sitting external exams.”
- Peartree Primary, Welwyn Garden City, said: “You may collect children earlier than 2pm if you are concerned about your safety this afternoon.”
- Rowans Primary, Welwyn Garden City, said they were closing at 12.30pm.