Potters Bar schoolkids use Valentine’s cheer to combat loneliness
- Credit: Red Letter Days
Pupils from a Potters Bar primary school have helped kick off a campaign that aims to combat loneliness this Valentine’s Day.
In a marathon craft session, the pupils created hundreds of Valentine’s cards with affectionate messages to be delivered to care homes and community groups on February 14.
With their best handwriting and liberal use of glitter, cut-out hearts and ribbons, the kids hope their cards will bring some cheer to people who may not otherwise get a Valentine this year.
Headteacher Roger Billing said: “The kids had so much fun making and writing their cards, and it was great to see them thinking about who might be on the receiving end and what messages they might like to read.
“It’s a great campaign that ties in really nicely with the work we’re already doing in school on the importance of kindness, and we’re proud to be a part of it.”
You may also want to watch:
The letters will be posted into special post boxes provided by the business behind the scheme, Elstree-based experience gift company Red Letter Days.
The bespoke post boxes can be found across London and the UK for anyone to post their own messages of kindness.
- 1 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 5 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
If you’d like to get involved, you can also send a card directly to Red Letter Days for them to distribute. Red Letter Days Campaign, c/o Keyboards & Dreams, Ground Floor, 34-35 Hatton Garden, EC1N 8DX.
People are asked to leave the envelopes unsealed before posting.