Potters Bar schoolkids use Valentine’s cheer to combat loneliness
- Credit: Red Letter Days
Pupils from a Potters Bar primary school have helped kick off a campaign that aims to combat loneliness this Valentine’s Day.
In a marathon craft session, the pupils created hundreds of Valentine’s cards with affectionate messages to be delivered to care homes and community groups on February 14.
With their best handwriting and liberal use of glitter, cut-out hearts and ribbons, the kids hope their cards will bring some cheer to people who may not otherwise get a Valentine this year.
Headteacher Roger Billing said: “The kids had so much fun making and writing their cards, and it was great to see them thinking about who might be on the receiving end and what messages they might like to read.
“It’s a great campaign that ties in really nicely with the work we’re already doing in school on the importance of kindness, and we’re proud to be a part of it.”
The letters will be posted into special post boxes provided by the business behind the scheme, Elstree-based experience gift company Red Letter Days.
The bespoke post boxes can be found across London and the UK for anyone to post their own messages of kindness.
- 1 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 2 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Officers to tackle Potters Bar Nitrous Oxide sales as part of policing priorities
- 6 Hertfordshire County Council will fund free summer activity camps for children in the Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 8 Welwyn Hatfield couple demand change to stillborn definition
- 9 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 10 Vandals trash toilet on WGC train
If you’d like to get involved, you can also send a card directly to Red Letter Days for them to distribute. Red Letter Days Campaign, c/o Keyboards & Dreams, Ground Floor, 34-35 Hatton Garden, EC1N 8DX.
People are asked to leave the envelopes unsealed before posting.