Potters Bar schoolkids use Valentine’s cheer to combat loneliness
- Credit: Red Letter Days
Pupils from a Potters Bar primary school have helped kick off a campaign that aims to combat loneliness this Valentine’s Day.
In a marathon craft session, the pupils created hundreds of Valentine’s cards with affectionate messages to be delivered to care homes and community groups on February 14.
With their best handwriting and liberal use of glitter, cut-out hearts and ribbons, the kids hope their cards will bring some cheer to people who may not otherwise get a Valentine this year.
Headteacher Roger Billing said: “The kids had so much fun making and writing their cards, and it was great to see them thinking about who might be on the receiving end and what messages they might like to read.
“It’s a great campaign that ties in really nicely with the work we’re already doing in school on the importance of kindness, and we’re proud to be a part of it.”
You may also want to watch:
The letters will be posted into special post boxes provided by the business behind the scheme, Elstree-based experience gift company Red Letter Days.
The bespoke post boxes can be found across London and the UK for anyone to post their own messages of kindness.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 3 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
If you’d like to get involved, you can also send a card directly to Red Letter Days for them to distribute. Red Letter Days Campaign, c/o Keyboards & Dreams, Ground Floor, 34-35 Hatton Garden, EC1N 8DX.
People are asked to leave the envelopes unsealed before posting.