GCSE results 2018: Queenswood School
- Credit: supplied by Queenswood School
Queenswood pupils were delighted with their GCSE results where nearly all pupils gained a grade 9 to 4.
Twenty three out of the 59 GCSE pupils at the school achieved top grades of 7, 8 or 9 in eight or more subjects.
That’s nearly 40 per cent of pupils, with nearly 97 per cent achieving grades 9 to 4.
According to Queenswood’s principal Jo Cameron, results for mathematics were particularly strong.
Three girls achieved marks that placed them in the top one per cent of all results for Edexcel International GCSE Mathematics.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Cameron said: “Happy girls are successful girls.
“At Queenswood, we ensure that the girls are supported and cared for in all that they do, both with their academic studies and in all the co-curricular opportunities they enjoy.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
“This all-round approach bears great fruit academically.
“I am delighted for our talented girls and their parents and I would like to pay tribute to our wonderful, committed staff in all they do to support them.”