GCSE results 2018: Queenswood School
- Credit: supplied by Queenswood School
Queenswood pupils were delighted with their GCSE results where nearly all pupils gained a grade 9 to 4.
Twenty three out of the 59 GCSE pupils at the school achieved top grades of 7, 8 or 9 in eight or more subjects.
That’s nearly 40 per cent of pupils, with nearly 97 per cent achieving grades 9 to 4.
According to Queenswood’s principal Jo Cameron, results for mathematics were particularly strong.
Three girls achieved marks that placed them in the top one per cent of all results for Edexcel International GCSE Mathematics.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Cameron said: “Happy girls are successful girls.
“At Queenswood, we ensure that the girls are supported and cared for in all that they do, both with their academic studies and in all the co-curricular opportunities they enjoy.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 4 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 5 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
“This all-round approach bears great fruit academically.
“I am delighted for our talented girls and their parents and I would like to pay tribute to our wonderful, committed staff in all they do to support them.”