GCSE results 2018: Queenswood School
- Credit: supplied by Queenswood School
Queenswood pupils were delighted with their GCSE results where nearly all pupils gained a grade 9 to 4.
Twenty three out of the 59 GCSE pupils at the school achieved top grades of 7, 8 or 9 in eight or more subjects.
That’s nearly 40 per cent of pupils, with nearly 97 per cent achieving grades 9 to 4.
According to Queenswood’s principal Jo Cameron, results for mathematics were particularly strong.
Three girls achieved marks that placed them in the top one per cent of all results for Edexcel International GCSE Mathematics.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Cameron said: “Happy girls are successful girls.
“At Queenswood, we ensure that the girls are supported and cared for in all that they do, both with their academic studies and in all the co-curricular opportunities they enjoy.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
“This all-round approach bears great fruit academically.
“I am delighted for our talented girls and their parents and I would like to pay tribute to our wonderful, committed staff in all they do to support them.”