GCSE results 2018: Queenswood School
- Credit: supplied by Queenswood School
Queenswood pupils were delighted with their GCSE results where nearly all pupils gained a grade 9 to 4.
Twenty three out of the 59 GCSE pupils at the school achieved top grades of 7, 8 or 9 in eight or more subjects.
That’s nearly 40 per cent of pupils, with nearly 97 per cent achieving grades 9 to 4.
According to Queenswood’s principal Jo Cameron, results for mathematics were particularly strong.
Three girls achieved marks that placed them in the top one per cent of all results for Edexcel International GCSE Mathematics.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Cameron said: “Happy girls are successful girls.
“At Queenswood, we ensure that the girls are supported and cared for in all that they do, both with their academic studies and in all the co-curricular opportunities they enjoy.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 4 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
“This all-round approach bears great fruit academically.
“I am delighted for our talented girls and their parents and I would like to pay tribute to our wonderful, committed staff in all they do to support them.”