A-level results 2018: Maths is the star subject for Queenswood School
- Credit: supplied by Queenswood School
The principal at Queenswood School is “thrilled” with her pupils’ A-level results this morning (August 16).
With some having secured places at high-calibre universities such as Cambridge, Durham, and the Royal Academy of Music, the pupils at the Brookmans Park school are giving themselves a well-deserved pat on the back.
According to the principal, Jo Cameron, over 20 per cent of the girls achieved A to A* grades, and 64.1 per cent scored between an A* and a B across all 21 of the A-level subjects offered.
But the standout subject was maths, where 82 per cent got A* to B, and when it came to further maths, it was A* to B across the board.
The girls are looking forward to beginning a new chapter in their lives reading subjects as wide-ranging as maths, philosophy, chemical engineering, veterinary science, and music.
You may also want to watch:
Commenting on the results Ms Cameron said: “I am thrilled for the girls.
“They have worked so hard and deserve these excellent results.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 9 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 10 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
“They are focused and understand the importance of balancing study time with other interests.
“I hope that they will take this philosophy with them as they move on to new and exciting futures at university and beyond.
“I am very proud of them and our wonderful team of teachers and pastoral staff.”