A-level results 2018: Maths is the star subject for Queenswood School
- Credit: supplied by Queenswood School
The principal at Queenswood School is “thrilled” with her pupils’ A-level results this morning (August 16).
With some having secured places at high-calibre universities such as Cambridge, Durham, and the Royal Academy of Music, the pupils at the Brookmans Park school are giving themselves a well-deserved pat on the back.
According to the principal, Jo Cameron, over 20 per cent of the girls achieved A to A* grades, and 64.1 per cent scored between an A* and a B across all 21 of the A-level subjects offered.
But the standout subject was maths, where 82 per cent got A* to B, and when it came to further maths, it was A* to B across the board.
The girls are looking forward to beginning a new chapter in their lives reading subjects as wide-ranging as maths, philosophy, chemical engineering, veterinary science, and music.
You may also want to watch:
Commenting on the results Ms Cameron said: “I am thrilled for the girls.
“They have worked so hard and deserve these excellent results.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
“They are focused and understand the importance of balancing study time with other interests.
“I hope that they will take this philosophy with them as they move on to new and exciting futures at university and beyond.
“I am very proud of them and our wonderful team of teachers and pastoral staff.”