A-level results 2018: Maths is the star subject for Queenswood School
- Credit: supplied by Queenswood School
The principal at Queenswood School is “thrilled” with her pupils’ A-level results this morning (August 16).
With some having secured places at high-calibre universities such as Cambridge, Durham, and the Royal Academy of Music, the pupils at the Brookmans Park school are giving themselves a well-deserved pat on the back.
According to the principal, Jo Cameron, over 20 per cent of the girls achieved A to A* grades, and 64.1 per cent scored between an A* and a B across all 21 of the A-level subjects offered.
But the standout subject was maths, where 82 per cent got A* to B, and when it came to further maths, it was A* to B across the board.
The girls are looking forward to beginning a new chapter in their lives reading subjects as wide-ranging as maths, philosophy, chemical engineering, veterinary science, and music.
Commenting on the results Ms Cameron said: “I am thrilled for the girls.
“They have worked so hard and deserve these excellent results.
- 1 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 2 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 3 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 9 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 10 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
“They are focused and understand the importance of balancing study time with other interests.
“I hope that they will take this philosophy with them as they move on to new and exciting futures at university and beyond.
“I am very proud of them and our wonderful team of teachers and pastoral staff.”