A-level results 2018: Maths is the star subject for Queenswood School
- Credit: supplied by Queenswood School
The principal at Queenswood School is “thrilled” with her pupils’ A-level results this morning (August 16).
With some having secured places at high-calibre universities such as Cambridge, Durham, and the Royal Academy of Music, the pupils at the Brookmans Park school are giving themselves a well-deserved pat on the back.
According to the principal, Jo Cameron, over 20 per cent of the girls achieved A to A* grades, and 64.1 per cent scored between an A* and a B across all 21 of the A-level subjects offered.
But the standout subject was maths, where 82 per cent got A* to B, and when it came to further maths, it was A* to B across the board.
The girls are looking forward to beginning a new chapter in their lives reading subjects as wide-ranging as maths, philosophy, chemical engineering, veterinary science, and music.
Commenting on the results Ms Cameron said: “I am thrilled for the girls.
“They have worked so hard and deserve these excellent results.
- 1 Six buses damaged at Potters Bar Bus Garage after 'significant' blaze
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 7 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 8 League Two sides heading to Potters Bar Town for pre-season
- 9 Man suffers leg injuries after stabbing at Queensway in Hatfield
- 10 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
“They are focused and understand the importance of balancing study time with other interests.
“I hope that they will take this philosophy with them as they move on to new and exciting futures at university and beyond.
“I am very proud of them and our wonderful team of teachers and pastoral staff.”