Proposed Christian free school in Welwyn Garden City to hold open meetings
- Credit: Archant
Herts International Christian School (HICS) the proposed new free school for Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield, has released two dates for open information meetings.
The first will be at 10am on Wednesday November 6, the second at 7pm on Thursday November 7.
Both meetings will be held at Salvation House Conference Centre, 2 Sterling Court, Mundells, Welwyn Garden City.
The information meetings are aimed at parents who have children aged nine or younger.
They are intended to provide an opportunity for anyone who could send their children to the new school to find out more details about what the school will offer and to give them a chance to have questions answered by the school’s proposal team.
A spokesman said: “The meeting is an excellent way to learn more about the exciting new proposals.”
HICS will be a Christian designated, all through school, with a language specialism for boys and girls aged four to 16 intended to be located in the Peartree Ward of Welwyn Garden City.
- 1 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 2 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 3 Buyers can now reserve an apartment in Hatfield Rise
- 4 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 5 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 6 Cash stolen from elderly man using bank ATM
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 9 'Friendship zone' created in Welwyn school
- 10 Work begins on Welwyn Garden City’s new-look Anniversary Gardens
The school will initially take pupils in Reception and in Year 7 starting in September 2015.
Dr Bradley Norman, spokesman for the school proposal team said: “Herts International Christian School is intended to meet the need for the increasing school aged population in Welwyn Garden City and surrounding area.”
• For more information call 01707 322244 or click the link at the top right of this story.