Proposed Christian free school in Welwyn Garden City to hold open meetings
- Credit: Archant
Herts International Christian School (HICS) the proposed new free school for Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield, has released two dates for open information meetings.
The first will be at 10am on Wednesday November 6, the second at 7pm on Thursday November 7.
Both meetings will be held at Salvation House Conference Centre, 2 Sterling Court, Mundells, Welwyn Garden City.
The information meetings are aimed at parents who have children aged nine or younger.
They are intended to provide an opportunity for anyone who could send their children to the new school to find out more details about what the school will offer and to give them a chance to have questions answered by the school’s proposal team.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “The meeting is an excellent way to learn more about the exciting new proposals.”
HICS will be a Christian designated, all through school, with a language specialism for boys and girls aged four to 16 intended to be located in the Peartree Ward of Welwyn Garden City.
- 1 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 9 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
The school will initially take pupils in Reception and in Year 7 starting in September 2015.
Dr Bradley Norman, spokesman for the school proposal team said: “Herts International Christian School is intended to meet the need for the increasing school aged population in Welwyn Garden City and surrounding area.”
• For more information call 01707 322244 or click the link at the top right of this story.