Potters Bar youngsters perform for Welwyn Garden City shoppers
- Credit: Archant
Young musicians from Potters Bar entertained Christmas shopping crowds in Welwyn Garden City, raising more than £500 for their school.
A mixed brass and wind band from The Wroxham School, supervised by two parents and two teachers, performed carol tunes in the Howard Centre on Thursday.
Peter Arnold, who lives near the Wroxham Gardens primary school, proudly watched his 11-year-old son Freddie play the tenor horn.
He told the Potters Bar Edition: “It was a fantastic performance.
“The feedback we had from Welwyn Garden City residents and visitors was amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“We are really grateful to the teachers, Mrs [Michele} Combes and Mrs [Sarah] Munn for organising it.”
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 7 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 8 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 9 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 10 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year