Potters Bar youngsters perform for Welwyn Garden City shoppers
- Credit: Archant
Young musicians from Potters Bar entertained Christmas shopping crowds in Welwyn Garden City, raising more than £500 for their school.
A mixed brass and wind band from The Wroxham School, supervised by two parents and two teachers, performed carol tunes in the Howard Centre on Thursday.
Peter Arnold, who lives near the Wroxham Gardens primary school, proudly watched his 11-year-old son Freddie play the tenor horn.
He told the Potters Bar Edition: “It was a fantastic performance.
“The feedback we had from Welwyn Garden City residents and visitors was amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“We are really grateful to the teachers, Mrs [Michele} Combes and Mrs [Sarah] Munn for organising it.”
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night