Potters Bar youngsters perform for Welwyn Garden City shoppers
- Credit: Archant
Young musicians from Potters Bar entertained Christmas shopping crowds in Welwyn Garden City, raising more than £500 for their school.
A mixed brass and wind band from The Wroxham School, supervised by two parents and two teachers, performed carol tunes in the Howard Centre on Thursday.
Peter Arnold, who lives near the Wroxham Gardens primary school, proudly watched his 11-year-old son Freddie play the tenor horn.
He told the Potters Bar Edition: “It was a fantastic performance.
“The feedback we had from Welwyn Garden City residents and visitors was amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“We are really grateful to the teachers, Mrs [Michele} Combes and Mrs [Sarah] Munn for organising it.”
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 9 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?