Potters Bar youngsters perform for Welwyn Garden City shoppers
- Credit: Archant
Young musicians from Potters Bar entertained Christmas shopping crowds in Welwyn Garden City, raising more than £500 for their school.
A mixed brass and wind band from The Wroxham School, supervised by two parents and two teachers, performed carol tunes in the Howard Centre on Thursday.
Peter Arnold, who lives near the Wroxham Gardens primary school, proudly watched his 11-year-old son Freddie play the tenor horn.
He told the Potters Bar Edition: “It was a fantastic performance.
“The feedback we had from Welwyn Garden City residents and visitors was amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“We are really grateful to the teachers, Mrs [Michele} Combes and Mrs [Sarah] Munn for organising it.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement