Potters Bar pupils among country’s best in Bebras Challenge.
- Credit: Archant
One of the country’s brightest young computational thinkers attends a Potters Bar school.
Lochinver House Year 7 pupil Robin Gilbert placed among the best in the recent UK Bebras Challenge and progressed to the second stage, which will be held in the Department of Computer Science at Oxford University in February,
Robin will have the chance to experience lectures, explore an Oxford college and attend a special awards ceremony.
He was not the only Lochinver House student who excelled in the Bebras Challenge, with 14 boys in Years 6 and 7 at the school achieving in the top 10 per cent of the 201,000 participants.
They have been invited to enter the TCS Oxford Computing Challenge next March.
You may also want to watch:
Sponsored by Oxford College, the Bebras Challenge is an international initiative that aims to promote informatics among school students.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 7 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?