Potters Bar pupils among country’s best in Bebras Challenge.
- Credit: Archant
One of the country’s brightest young computational thinkers attends a Potters Bar school.
Lochinver House Year 7 pupil Robin Gilbert placed among the best in the recent UK Bebras Challenge and progressed to the second stage, which will be held in the Department of Computer Science at Oxford University in February,
Robin will have the chance to experience lectures, explore an Oxford college and attend a special awards ceremony.
He was not the only Lochinver House student who excelled in the Bebras Challenge, with 14 boys in Years 6 and 7 at the school achieving in the top 10 per cent of the 201,000 participants.
They have been invited to enter the TCS Oxford Computing Challenge next March.
You may also want to watch:
Sponsored by Oxford College, the Bebras Challenge is an international initiative that aims to promote informatics among school students.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator