Potters Bar pupils among country’s best in Bebras Challenge.
- Credit: Archant
One of the country’s brightest young computational thinkers attends a Potters Bar school.
Lochinver House Year 7 pupil Robin Gilbert placed among the best in the recent UK Bebras Challenge and progressed to the second stage, which will be held in the Department of Computer Science at Oxford University in February,
Robin will have the chance to experience lectures, explore an Oxford college and attend a special awards ceremony.
He was not the only Lochinver House student who excelled in the Bebras Challenge, with 14 boys in Years 6 and 7 at the school achieving in the top 10 per cent of the 201,000 participants.
They have been invited to enter the TCS Oxford Computing Challenge next March.
Sponsored by Oxford College, the Bebras Challenge is an international initiative that aims to promote informatics among school students.
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 8 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 9 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers