Potters Bar pupils among country’s best in Bebras Challenge.
- Credit: Archant
One of the country’s brightest young computational thinkers attends a Potters Bar school.
Lochinver House Year 7 pupil Robin Gilbert placed among the best in the recent UK Bebras Challenge and progressed to the second stage, which will be held in the Department of Computer Science at Oxford University in February,
Robin will have the chance to experience lectures, explore an Oxford college and attend a special awards ceremony.
He was not the only Lochinver House student who excelled in the Bebras Challenge, with 14 boys in Years 6 and 7 at the school achieving in the top 10 per cent of the 201,000 participants.
They have been invited to enter the TCS Oxford Computing Challenge next March.
You may also want to watch:
Sponsored by Oxford College, the Bebras Challenge is an international initiative that aims to promote informatics among school students.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 7 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 8 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 9 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses