Potters Bar schools battle it out in football tournament
FORGET the World Cup and the vuvuzelas; an inter-school football tournament created all the buzzing in Potters Bar.
The annual primary school six-a-side tournament set tongues wagging in town recently.
Held at Oakmere Primary School in Chace Avenue, the event was attended by young footballers and many of their parents from seven schools.
The hosts, Oakmere A, managed to make it all the way to the final, before finally losing to neighbours Wroxham A 1-0.
Oakmere’s head of sport Dean Barker said: “It was a great success.
You may also want to watch:
“All the children and parents had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon.”
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 10 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night