Potters Bar schools battle it out in football tournament
FORGET the World Cup and the vuvuzelas; an inter-school football tournament created all the buzzing in Potters Bar.
The annual primary school six-a-side tournament set tongues wagging in town recently.
Held at Oakmere Primary School in Chace Avenue, the event was attended by young footballers and many of their parents from seven schools.
The hosts, Oakmere A, managed to make it all the way to the final, before finally losing to neighbours Wroxham A 1-0.
Oakmere’s head of sport Dean Barker said: “It was a great success.
You may also want to watch:
“All the children and parents had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon.”
- 1 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 4 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 5 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 6 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday