Potters Bar schools battle it out in football tournament
FORGET the World Cup and the vuvuzelas; an inter-school football tournament created all the buzzing in Potters Bar.
The annual primary school six-a-side tournament set tongues wagging in town recently.
Held at Oakmere Primary School in Chace Avenue, the event was attended by young footballers and many of their parents from seven schools.
The hosts, Oakmere A, managed to make it all the way to the final, before finally losing to neighbours Wroxham A 1-0.
Oakmere’s head of sport Dean Barker said: “It was a great success.
You may also want to watch:
“All the children and parents had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon.”
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 4 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 5 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 6 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 7 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 8 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?