Potters Bar schoolchildren take part in badminton tournament
PUPILS at a Potters Bar school had a rewarding day during an annual badminton tournament.
Six Lochinver House School boys took part in the Independent Association of Prep Schools’ annual Badminton Championships at St Paul’s Prep School in London.
Suraj Shah and Henry Wood were runners-up in the senior plate (under 13) competition.
School colleagues James Cubin and Matthew Medayil won the junior plate (under 11) heat and Freddie Morris and Joshua Radin-Grant won the junior event contest.
A spokeswoman for the Heath Road school told the Potters Bar Edition: “They played some excellent games and to mark their success the boys were presented with their trophies during a school assembly.
You may also want to watch:
“It was very exciting to win the title back again.”
- 1 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals