Potters Bar schoolchildren take part in badminton tournament
PUPILS at a Potters Bar school had a rewarding day during an annual badminton tournament.
Six Lochinver House School boys took part in the Independent Association of Prep Schools’ annual Badminton Championships at St Paul’s Prep School in London.
Suraj Shah and Henry Wood were runners-up in the senior plate (under 13) competition.
School colleagues James Cubin and Matthew Medayil won the junior plate (under 11) heat and Freddie Morris and Joshua Radin-Grant won the junior event contest.
A spokeswoman for the Heath Road school told the Potters Bar Edition: “They played some excellent games and to mark their success the boys were presented with their trophies during a school assembly.
You may also want to watch:
“It was very exciting to win the title back again.”
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 7 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 8 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
- 10 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines