Potters Bar schoolchildren head to Dubai
STUDENTS at a Potters Bar school enjoyed an action-packed trip to one of the most up-and-coming areas on the globe.
A total of 24 students across all year groups at Mount Grace School accompanied three members of staff on a trip to Dubai.
Among the lengthy list of activities they got up to on their five-day adventure was a desert safari, a cruise on the Dubai creek, a day shopping at the Dubai mall, an ice cream party at the famous Atlantis hotel and a journey up the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa.
The trip’s purpose was for students to experience different cultures and was open to all ages studying all subjects.
Yogesh Bhura, a teacher in the business studies department at the Church Road school, organised the trip, which is already fully subscribed for next year.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The students gained so much from the trip in terms of inspiration – many of them now want to go and study hotel management and want to go into the hospitality industry.
“We managed to aspire all the students to look at the UAE in a different perspective and many of the students were amazed at the incredible Grand Mosque, the call of prayer and how faith is so integral in the Arabic culture.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 9 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
“The gold and diamond tour was amazing and we saw and took pictures of the biggest gold ring in the world, which is featured in the Guinness Book of Records.”