Potters Bar schoolchildren head to Dubai
STUDENTS at a Potters Bar school enjoyed an action-packed trip to one of the most up-and-coming areas on the globe.
A total of 24 students across all year groups at Mount Grace School accompanied three members of staff on a trip to Dubai.
Among the lengthy list of activities they got up to on their five-day adventure was a desert safari, a cruise on the Dubai creek, a day shopping at the Dubai mall, an ice cream party at the famous Atlantis hotel and a journey up the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa.
The trip’s purpose was for students to experience different cultures and was open to all ages studying all subjects.
Yogesh Bhura, a teacher in the business studies department at the Church Road school, organised the trip, which is already fully subscribed for next year.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The students gained so much from the trip in terms of inspiration – many of them now want to go and study hotel management and want to go into the hospitality industry.
“We managed to aspire all the students to look at the UAE in a different perspective and many of the students were amazed at the incredible Grand Mosque, the call of prayer and how faith is so integral in the Arabic culture.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 3 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 7 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
“The gold and diamond tour was amazing and we saw and took pictures of the biggest gold ring in the world, which is featured in the Guinness Book of Records.”