Potters Bar school showcases progress at ‘excellent’ open evening
- Credit: Archant
A Potters Bar school held an “amazing” open evening to show off its progress this year.
Visitors to Mount Grace School in Church Road were treated to science experiments, orchestra practice and digital games.
The evening follows a promising set of exam results despite a negative Ofsted report earlier in the year, following which teachers and parents threw their weight behind the school.
A school spokeswoman said: “We had an excellent open evening at Mount Grace School.
“The school looked amazing and it was great to see so many happy faces visiting the faculties and joining in all the exciting activities and challenges.
You may also want to watch:
“One of the highlights was listening to Mr Baker [headteacher] explaining how students achieved their best GCSE results ever this summer through hard work, digital learning and dedicated staff.
“Visitors collected passport stamps in each faculty and presented their completed passports at the end to win prizes, including furry emojis. Thank you to everybody who joined in.”
Online applications for a school place must be submitted by October 31 via the county council’s website.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement