Potters Bar school showcases progress at ‘excellent’ open evening
- Credit: Archant
A Potters Bar school held an “amazing” open evening to show off its progress this year.
Visitors to Mount Grace School in Church Road were treated to science experiments, orchestra practice and digital games.
The evening follows a promising set of exam results despite a negative Ofsted report earlier in the year, following which teachers and parents threw their weight behind the school.
A school spokeswoman said: “We had an excellent open evening at Mount Grace School.
“The school looked amazing and it was great to see so many happy faces visiting the faculties and joining in all the exciting activities and challenges.
You may also want to watch:
“One of the highlights was listening to Mr Baker [headteacher] explaining how students achieved their best GCSE results ever this summer through hard work, digital learning and dedicated staff.
“Visitors collected passport stamps in each faculty and presented their completed passports at the end to win prizes, including furry emojis. Thank you to everybody who joined in.”
Online applications for a school place must be submitted by October 31 via the county council’s website.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022