Potters Bar school showcases progress at ‘excellent’ open evening
- Credit: Archant
A Potters Bar school held an “amazing” open evening to show off its progress this year.
Visitors to Mount Grace School in Church Road were treated to science experiments, orchestra practice and digital games.
The evening follows a promising set of exam results despite a negative Ofsted report earlier in the year, following which teachers and parents threw their weight behind the school.
A school spokeswoman said: “We had an excellent open evening at Mount Grace School.
“The school looked amazing and it was great to see so many happy faces visiting the faculties and joining in all the exciting activities and challenges.
You may also want to watch:
“One of the highlights was listening to Mr Baker [headteacher] explaining how students achieved their best GCSE results ever this summer through hard work, digital learning and dedicated staff.
“Visitors collected passport stamps in each faculty and presented their completed passports at the end to win prizes, including furry emojis. Thank you to everybody who joined in.”
Online applications for a school place must be submitted by October 31 via the county council’s website.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year