Potters Bar school’s new garden is a dream
A CHART-TOPPING classical singer helped make dreams come true at a Potters Bar school.
A new ‘dream garden’ was opened at Lochinver House school in Heath Road alongside a new state-of-the-art music block kitted out with all the latest ICT technology to aid music production.
Chart-topping classical singer Laura Wright made a guest appearance on the day where the emphasis was all on ‘dreams’.
School headteacher Ben Walker said: “It was a wonderful day and both the dream garden and new music block look great.
“I gave a speech to the students and the focus was all on dreams, planting the seed and following your dreams. We started in the dream garden and worked our way into the music block to demonstrate our dream path.
“Music is a subject we take great pride at in this school, and past and present students and many former students have gone on to have great success in the subject.
“We would like to think these new facilities further enhance students possibilities in music.”
- 1 County Lines supplier sentenced to four years in prison
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Co-op shop broken into
- 4 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 5 Construction begins on landmark University of Hertfordshire building
- 6 'Where are the housing reductions for Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield?'
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 Family first for O'Leary as accumulation of challenges leads to Potters Bar Town resignation
- 9 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 10 Lee O'Leary resigns as manager of Isthmian League Potters Bar Town
Laura Wright, whose latest album topped the UK classical charts earlier this year, cut the ribbon to the new facility as well as giving a speech on where her dreams started and how they were fulfilled. And it seems any budding musicians at the all boys’ school who dream of being the next Justin Bieber are at the right place.