Potters Bar school’s new garden is a dream
A CHART-TOPPING classical singer helped make dreams come true at a Potters Bar school.
A new ‘dream garden’ was opened at Lochinver House school in Heath Road alongside a new state-of-the-art music block kitted out with all the latest ICT technology to aid music production.
Chart-topping classical singer Laura Wright made a guest appearance on the day where the emphasis was all on ‘dreams’.
School headteacher Ben Walker said: “It was a wonderful day and both the dream garden and new music block look great.
“I gave a speech to the students and the focus was all on dreams, planting the seed and following your dreams. We started in the dream garden and worked our way into the music block to demonstrate our dream path.
You may also want to watch:
“Music is a subject we take great pride at in this school, and past and present students and many former students have gone on to have great success in the subject.
“We would like to think these new facilities further enhance students possibilities in music.”
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 8 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 9 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
Laura Wright, whose latest album topped the UK classical charts earlier this year, cut the ribbon to the new facility as well as giving a speech on where her dreams started and how they were fulfilled. And it seems any budding musicians at the all boys’ school who dream of being the next Justin Bieber are at the right place.