Potters Bar school’s new garden is a dream
A CHART-TOPPING classical singer helped make dreams come true at a Potters Bar school.
A new ‘dream garden’ was opened at Lochinver House school in Heath Road alongside a new state-of-the-art music block kitted out with all the latest ICT technology to aid music production.
Chart-topping classical singer Laura Wright made a guest appearance on the day where the emphasis was all on ‘dreams’.
School headteacher Ben Walker said: “It was a wonderful day and both the dream garden and new music block look great.
“I gave a speech to the students and the focus was all on dreams, planting the seed and following your dreams. We started in the dream garden and worked our way into the music block to demonstrate our dream path.
You may also want to watch:
“Music is a subject we take great pride at in this school, and past and present students and many former students have gone on to have great success in the subject.
“We would like to think these new facilities further enhance students possibilities in music.”
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 4 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 9 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
Laura Wright, whose latest album topped the UK classical charts earlier this year, cut the ribbon to the new facility as well as giving a speech on where her dreams started and how they were fulfilled. And it seems any budding musicians at the all boys’ school who dream of being the next Justin Bieber are at the right place.