Potters Bar school’s Ground Force gardeners
SCHOOL pupils transformed into a Ground Force team for the day in a bid to create a ‘dream garden’.
Children at Lochinver House gave up their Saturday to help transform a piece of the Potters Bar school’s field into an eye-catching landscape.
The event, held on May 7, saw children, parents and staff all work together on the makeover design created by one of the parents.
The crew worked for six hours creating an area that will be used for outdoor lessons, including a quiet area for story telling, growing vegetables and observing wildlife.
Parents were invited to sponsor the new garden by providing items and equipment needed on the day to get started, or sponsoring luxuries which can be added to the garden at any time.
You may also want to watch:
Workers were kept happy with a lunchtime barbecue and the volunteers saw their hard work pay off when, by the end of the day, their ‘dream garden’ appeared.
A school spokeswoman said: “The day brought the whole school community together with parents and staff sawing, digging and painting.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 7 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 8 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 9 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“The children joined in too with planting and wheelbarrowing bark chip! The original bit of land has been transformed and we can’t wait to start watching the garden mature!”