Potters Bar school gazebo plans approved
PLANS to build a gazebo at a school near Potters Bar have been given the green light by councillors.
The application, from St Giles’ Primary School in Blanche Lane, South Mimms, was rubberstamped at a meeting of the Potters Bar and Shenley planning committee.
When built, the octagonal gazebo will feature seating on up to seven sides, allowing it to be used as an outdoor classroom.
The structure was requested by pupils and is being paid for by the school’s PTA, together with donations from the Potters Bar carnival committee and the Potters Bar Extended Schools Consortium.
Headteacher Susan Ridge said she was “absolutely delighted” to have been granted permission to erect the gazebo.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “It is going to be used for extending the children’s learning outside and also for community use when we open our school for events.”
It is hoped the gazebo will be erected by the end of May.
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas