Potters Bar school gazebo plans approved
PLANS to build a gazebo at a school near Potters Bar have been given the green light by councillors.
The application, from St Giles’ Primary School in Blanche Lane, South Mimms, was rubberstamped at a meeting of the Potters Bar and Shenley planning committee.
When built, the octagonal gazebo will feature seating on up to seven sides, allowing it to be used as an outdoor classroom.
The structure was requested by pupils and is being paid for by the school’s PTA, together with donations from the Potters Bar carnival committee and the Potters Bar Extended Schools Consortium.
Headteacher Susan Ridge said she was “absolutely delighted” to have been granted permission to erect the gazebo.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “It is going to be used for extending the children’s learning outside and also for community use when we open our school for events.”
It is hoped the gazebo will be erected by the end of May.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 4 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 5 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire