Potters Bar school eyes new sports hall as part of £3m facilities upgrade
- Credit: Archant
A Potters Bar school has set its sights on a new sports hall as part of £3million renovation plans to modernise its facilities.
Mount Grace has splashed £800k on new roofs and windows, which was funded by a government grant and is set to be officially unveiled next week.
However, the school has now revealed it has secured funding for a new sports hall – including a climbing wall that will be used by GCSE and A-level pupils, along with the wider community.
Mount Grace headteacher Peter Baker said: “We are very grateful for the funding for these building improvements from the government, particularly at a time when school budgets are under pressure and money is tight.”
It is understood that work on the new sports hall is expected to start next summer.
You may also want to watch:
The school is holding its open evening on Wednesday, September 19, between 5pm and 8pm, when parents of pupils are invited to tour the site, speak to staff and hear about Mount Grace’s recent successes.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 5 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 6 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 9 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 10 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final