Potters Bar school eyes new sports hall as part of £3m facilities upgrade
- Credit: Archant
A Potters Bar school has set its sights on a new sports hall as part of £3million renovation plans to modernise its facilities.
Mount Grace has splashed £800k on new roofs and windows, which was funded by a government grant and is set to be officially unveiled next week.
However, the school has now revealed it has secured funding for a new sports hall – including a climbing wall that will be used by GCSE and A-level pupils, along with the wider community.
Mount Grace headteacher Peter Baker said: “We are very grateful for the funding for these building improvements from the government, particularly at a time when school budgets are under pressure and money is tight.”
It is understood that work on the new sports hall is expected to start next summer.
You may also want to watch:
The school is holding its open evening on Wednesday, September 19, between 5pm and 8pm, when parents of pupils are invited to tour the site, speak to staff and hear about Mount Grace’s recent successes.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 7 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 8 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone