Potters Bar school closed due to power cut
A SCHOOL in Potters Bar was shut today (Tuesday) following a power cut yesterday.
At 8.45pm last night a statement on Cranborne Primary School’s website said the Laurel Fields establishment would be closed until further notice.
That was updated this evening to say the school would definitely be shut until Thursday.
It read: “The fault has been identified and work is going to take place throughout the night to fix it.
“We cannot be sure the school will be safe to open tomorrow (Wednesday) so we have taken the decision to shut again.”
You may also want to watch:
A Herts County Council spokeswoman confirmed the school was closed.
She added: “When a school has a full power cut it is a total disaster as food can’t be cooked and computers cannot be used.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
- 9 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?