Potters Bar school closed due to power cut
A SCHOOL in Potters Bar was shut today (Tuesday) following a power cut yesterday.
At 8.45pm last night a statement on Cranborne Primary School’s website said the Laurel Fields establishment would be closed until further notice.
That was updated this evening to say the school would definitely be shut until Thursday.
It read: “The fault has been identified and work is going to take place throughout the night to fix it.
“We cannot be sure the school will be safe to open tomorrow (Wednesday) so we have taken the decision to shut again.”
You may also want to watch:
A Herts County Council spokeswoman confirmed the school was closed.
She added: “When a school has a full power cut it is a total disaster as food can’t be cooked and computers cannot be used.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year
- 10 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston