Potters Bar school closed due to power cut
A SCHOOL in Potters Bar was shut today (Tuesday) following a power cut yesterday.
At 8.45pm last night a statement on Cranborne Primary School’s website said the Laurel Fields establishment would be closed until further notice.
That was updated this evening to say the school would definitely be shut until Thursday.
It read: “The fault has been identified and work is going to take place throughout the night to fix it.
“We cannot be sure the school will be safe to open tomorrow (Wednesday) so we have taken the decision to shut again.”
You may also want to watch:
A Herts County Council spokeswoman confirmed the school was closed.
She added: “When a school has a full power cut it is a total disaster as food can’t be cooked and computers cannot be used.”
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 10 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed