Potters Bar school closed due to power cut
A SCHOOL in Potters Bar was shut today (Tuesday) following a power cut yesterday.
At 8.45pm last night a statement on Cranborne Primary School’s website said the Laurel Fields establishment would be closed until further notice.
That was updated this evening to say the school would definitely be shut until Thursday.
It read: “The fault has been identified and work is going to take place throughout the night to fix it.
“We cannot be sure the school will be safe to open tomorrow (Wednesday) so we have taken the decision to shut again.”
You may also want to watch:
A Herts County Council spokeswoman confirmed the school was closed.
She added: “When a school has a full power cut it is a total disaster as food can’t be cooked and computers cannot be used.”
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk