Potters Bar pupils quiz Hertsmere MP Oliver Dowden
- Credit: Archant
Hertsmere’s MP Oliver Dowden was quizzed by pupils at a Potters Bar school.
The Conservative MP visited Mount Grace to take part in a two-hour question and answer session with pupils from years 10 and 11.
The discussion covered a wide series of topics with youngsters asking Mr Dowden about his political beliefs, Government policy and work as Hertsmere’s MP.
“It was a great Q and A session and I was impressed by the range and quality of the pupils’ questions,” Mr Dowden said. “We talked about a lot of different issues, from Brexit and North Korea to education and housing.
“I also welcomed the chance to talk with the headteacher, Mr Peter Baker, and other members of staff about how I can support improvement in the school as the local MP.”
You may also want to watch:
The meeting follows Mr Baker recently claiming Government plans to increase education funding did not go far enough to address the funding crisis.
Mr Dowden added: “I am grateful to everyone at Mount Grace for their hospitality during the day and I look forward to visiting again soon.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes