Potters Bar pupils quiz Hertsmere MP Oliver Dowden
- Credit: Archant
Hertsmere’s MP Oliver Dowden was quizzed by pupils at a Potters Bar school.
The Conservative MP visited Mount Grace to take part in a two-hour question and answer session with pupils from years 10 and 11.
The discussion covered a wide series of topics with youngsters asking Mr Dowden about his political beliefs, Government policy and work as Hertsmere’s MP.
“It was a great Q and A session and I was impressed by the range and quality of the pupils’ questions,” Mr Dowden said. “We talked about a lot of different issues, from Brexit and North Korea to education and housing.
“I also welcomed the chance to talk with the headteacher, Mr Peter Baker, and other members of staff about how I can support improvement in the school as the local MP.”
You may also want to watch:
The meeting follows Mr Baker recently claiming Government plans to increase education funding did not go far enough to address the funding crisis.
Mr Dowden added: “I am grateful to everyone at Mount Grace for their hospitality during the day and I look forward to visiting again soon.”
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+