Potters Bar pupils quiz Hertsmere MP Oliver Dowden
- Credit: Archant
Hertsmere’s MP Oliver Dowden was quizzed by pupils at a Potters Bar school.
The Conservative MP visited Mount Grace to take part in a two-hour question and answer session with pupils from years 10 and 11.
The discussion covered a wide series of topics with youngsters asking Mr Dowden about his political beliefs, Government policy and work as Hertsmere’s MP.
“It was a great Q and A session and I was impressed by the range and quality of the pupils’ questions,” Mr Dowden said. “We talked about a lot of different issues, from Brexit and North Korea to education and housing.
“I also welcomed the chance to talk with the headteacher, Mr Peter Baker, and other members of staff about how I can support improvement in the school as the local MP.”
You may also want to watch:
The meeting follows Mr Baker recently claiming Government plans to increase education funding did not go far enough to address the funding crisis.
Mr Dowden added: “I am grateful to everyone at Mount Grace for their hospitality during the day and I look forward to visiting again soon.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton