Potters Bar pupils quiz Hertsmere MP Oliver Dowden
- Credit: Archant
Hertsmere’s MP Oliver Dowden was quizzed by pupils at a Potters Bar school.
The Conservative MP visited Mount Grace to take part in a two-hour question and answer session with pupils from years 10 and 11.
The discussion covered a wide series of topics with youngsters asking Mr Dowden about his political beliefs, Government policy and work as Hertsmere’s MP.
“It was a great Q and A session and I was impressed by the range and quality of the pupils’ questions,” Mr Dowden said. “We talked about a lot of different issues, from Brexit and North Korea to education and housing.
“I also welcomed the chance to talk with the headteacher, Mr Peter Baker, and other members of staff about how I can support improvement in the school as the local MP.”
You may also want to watch:
The meeting follows Mr Baker recently claiming Government plans to increase education funding did not go far enough to address the funding crisis.
Mr Dowden added: “I am grateful to everyone at Mount Grace for their hospitality during the day and I look forward to visiting again soon.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 6 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled